FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

OWC vs McCormicks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostNation
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: OWC vs McCormicks Reply with quote

I have ridden at both, however I am taking a buddy with me to Surf Expo this weekend we have the time to ride only one of them on Wed. He has never ridden either of them and asked me which one I liked better. Just looking for some outside opinions.
Lychee
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been to McCormicks yet but really want too and heard it was alot of fun for wakeskating. My only gripe with OWC is beginner side is too slow, a big mostly empty circuit, and the slow starts while your on the line can get annoying. Advanced is small, tight, and crammed with stuff to hit which is cool until is gets busy. Then its choppy waters and a bunch of wakeboarders who never fall. Wink

That said I'll be there Wed at 4pm with a buddy who skates but hasn't tried wakeskating yet.
dscsk8er55
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like OWC b/c you do have the two cables. So if the slow side sucks move over to the advanced side.

I agree with Lychee to a point about beginner being slow but it is bearable. The issue is that certain operaters are worse than others about slow starting EVERYONE. So if I see that one operator on that side I just go ride advanced the entire time.

The part I like about the beginner side is the rails are fun on a wakeskate. Where as the advanced side and a ton of wakeboard rails (or pro level wakeskater) and I end up hitting the same box over and over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frye

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OWC
ollie
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Tampa in November. Big wakeboard rails and very large lake so lots of swimming and walking. I went not long after it opened and I am still not a fan. OWC would keep you closer to the Expo
Lychee
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Operators definitely make or break the beginner cable. If they are slow starting enough to everyone it does get a bit unbearable. Speed dropping out when your hitting the rail of ramps obviously sucks. Some days they have it even slower than usual... But a lot of first timers ride there and it is catered to them, once you get past that you can still have a lot of fun on that side at those lower speeds.

But if there enough decent riders on that side and everyone's cool with it you can get the speed bumped up, which is awesome. Beginners side is usually 27.7km/17mph and advance is 32km/20mph. For me the sweetspot for cable riding is 29-30km.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Cable Riding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: