FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

lib tech/banana rocker riders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the board in question.
2012 Capita Stairmaster Extreme

From the picture I saw, the board looks to be in great shape. His words " 8 out 10 and the top sheet is on great condition with just a few stickers". My wakeboard has some cable abuse and I really havent seen much action on it and doubt is sell it for more than $160 by it self. I also picked it up for stupid cheap.

I was riding my wakeboard with a fairly ducked out stance and it's been 6+ years since I was on a snowboard but I want to say I rode the same.

As for the pow, I have no idea if I'll get the chance to thst stuff. At least not this year. Probably stick to some groomers and park stuff and if I'm lucky and the stars align on a trip I can try to ride in pow. I've never ridden pow, let alone done a lot of snowboarding so anything I pick up I'll have to learn to ride it in different conditions.

senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M, go for it! Get a wax on the base and tune on the edges and ask the shop to detune the tip and tail a little bit if the guy you're trading from didn't already do that. Then hit the slopes
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Sounds like I should be picking it up Tuesday/Wednesday Cool

Annnnd picking up a season snow pass Very Happy

Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I picked up the Capita and went up to the mountain this past weekend. The board was great! Size feels fine, no issues with the width and I'm looking forward to my first snowboard season!

Side note, Thirty Two boots are great! Picked up a pair of last years Prions and they are extremely comfortable right of the box.

Thanks for the help guys, even though I ended up going with a different board. Although I do plan on adding a Lib or Gnu down the line in the next 2 years. But for now I'm content with this one.

dscsk8er55
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Dec 16, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M, that is awesome to hear! Good luck this year and I hope you have a blast with your season pass.

I actually liked this thread a ton and it helped me find a decent deal on an awesome board.

I ended up with a 2014 GNU Street Series size 149. I got to go to snowshoe, wv for the opening week and it was a blast. Now lets see if this Floridian gets out more than just once this year Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dscsk8er55
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Dec 16, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M wrote:

Side note, Thirty Two boots are great! Picked up a pair of last years Prions and they are extremely comfortable right of the box.

I can second this, I picked up my wife a pair of 32 lashed off ebay and those things are built nicely, especially for $40.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: