FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Distinct Wakeskates first look
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, Thanks! Im currently going through the process of registering the business and i will then be setting up a website, once all that is done i can start selling boards!

Once im selling the boards i hope i can get some reviews from people then get a team started up, and eventually bring out some new items.
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys just wondering, if anyone would be interested in buying one of these boards now or in the near future or know anyone who would?

Just need to get a rough number before i start getting more made up

Thanks guys,
koozballs
Ollie
Ollie

City: Valparaiso, Indiana

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kind of looks asymetrical? crazy good craftsmanship though, good job. Isn't shipping going to be a little pricey from australia though?
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked into it and shipping will be about $120AUD or $115USD to the united states
koozballs
Ollie
Ollie

City: Valparaiso, Indiana

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap that's a lot.
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if people do find that alot i would be willing to drop it down to $100 and i just pay the extra 20
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nic_g, How much are people paying for wood concaves in Australia? (boards available in shops such as LF and Byerly)
and how much is an imported Remote or Water Monsters?

I'm assuming your boards will be less, so you might be able to do alright domestically in Australia.
I think there is too much competition in the US for your boards to sell at that price (including shipping) in the US. I would suggest you focus on Australia.
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakemitch, The prices over here vary a bit the lowest being around $200 for a 2014 hyperlite the the dearest being around $650 for a 2014 LF all with free shipping.

The new 2014 remotes are about $500 with free shipping.

I would love to focus on the market over here but there isnt a huge one anywhere near where i live. i may be able to drop the prices down $50 so 250AUD and then make shipping 100AUD to the united states and free shipping within australia, i will most likely be having that,

So total price for one of my boards for you guys over in the united states would be about $336USD

how do those prices sound?

I need to sit down and work out all my pricing and costs and will give you a final update on price's and where im looking to take this business.

Thanks,
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nic_g, if people are paying $650 for a Tao, $500 for a Remote, and $200 for a flat deck you should be able to do pretty well selling your wood concaves for $250-300.
If you are putting out a quality product Australian riders will support you. Your boards will be cheaper and riders will be supporting an Australian company.

To be honest, your boards will not do well in the US. They are the exact same as a LF Impulse which sells for $199 and you can buy at any proshop. No one is going to pay $336 for one when you can buy a Remote or Tao for close to that and Water Monsters for even less. Plus the international shipping is a hassle.

Focus on Australia. Prove that your boards work, get inventory, get a solid website, let some people ride your boards, and start selling them. Try to get them in some Cable Park pro shops.
Order 15-25 boards and I think you will be able to sell them this season. Start small and keep building. Since youve started on this website you have put the cart in front of the horse. You have big dreams, but you need to get real first.
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakemitch, I think your right mitch,

I will be ordering the next lot of boards in a week or so, and i will then get in touch with some local australian riders
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nic_g, like mitch said, (well put by the way), i suggest contacting or visiting all your local cable and pitching your brand. I think face to face is the best way to do it. Try to see when your local competitions are, give a board away for a prize... have a competition on here for like best line... or biggest gap... best picture.... there are ways to get your brand out there and get recognition but you gotta start at the ground and build up. It will cost you money, but once you get some brand recognition you can really do some work. again like mitch said, def stick to the down under. US and even Europe seem to have WAY to much competition for your price range. Just stay realistic. It wont be THAt easy to get rolling but hopefully when you do it will work out.
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, I see what your saying and i think that those are some great ideas, although about seeing my cable parks face to face, will be a problem the closest one is in another state, im in victoria which doesnt have a cable park so i would have to travel to sydney to head to penrith and i just dont have the time for that, once i get up and running i will send out a few emails and see what i can do
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nic_g wrote:
wakemitch,
I would love to focus on the market over here but there isnt a huge one anywhere near where i live.

This is where I'm confused. Your solution is to start shipping to the US? Wouldn't it be MUCH more reasonable to ship elsewhere within your own country?
88skisupreme
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ATX

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smash Smash Smash Smash Smash Smash
Crazy Eyes _ Crazy Eyes _ Crazy Eyes _ Crazy Eyes _ Crazy Eyes __ Laughing

Last edited by 88skisupreme on Oct 18, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd, Well im looking to ship anywhere, but im now looking into all the cables and seeing weather i can get boards in their pro shop and then some other small wake shops.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nic_g, Instead of YOU traveling to that cable you need to establish a team or reps.... essentially thats what Ten-80 used to do, to get their brands into stores all over and it worked. They provided gear to riders in areas and those riders went and took their gear to board shops and cables to show them off. Reps received incentives ($) to set up dealers. This is prob what you are going to have to do. You are going to have to spend money to start this thing up. You need to make a website and start a team maybe a rider in each Australian state, and the surrounding areas, like New Z, as long as shipping isnt to crazy.

How old are you? You really dont seem like you have put much thought into all of this.... you seem to be just winging it with no plan... i suggest you start drawing out a map of what you plan to do and then execute it, not just expect people to buy a board from a random company they have never heard of. the name brand companies have difficulty enough doing that.

good luck mate.
jeff
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out… Is this a senior project?
nic_g
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff, No its not a senior project, i have just finished high school and this is something i have been wanting to do for a while now, and now finally have the time to do it
puckhead
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Austin

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checkout this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/business-plan-for-startup-business-TC001017520.aspx

If your serious and want to really think through your approach it's important to develop a business plan. If you do develop one have others review it and give you some constructive criticism. This will help you deal with reality vs. BS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: