FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New logo!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so crazy that next month will be the 10th anniversary of this site
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WERDna wrote:
Don't half ass it. If a new logo is happening, the site needs a complete face lift.

Idea Idea Idea
shredaustin
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: AUSTIN

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with keeping the green and blue that would not change. We would like to revamp the site for the better of everyone. This website is a company and needs to be ran as such. It is not cheap to keep this site up and the donation bar is a joke. There are very few that donate and wakeskating.com thanks you very much, but we all love this site and it doesn't pay for itself. Therefore we need to make some updates and changes to generate a little bit of revenue and more interest to keep the site alive and strong. We can start with a new logo!!

Last edited by shredaustin on Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
88skisupreme
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ATX

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
Listen, i just agree that a shuv indy doesn't exactly represent what's going on in wakeskating today. As far as any previous discussio is concerned, some upgrades would not be a bad thing. To borrow a term from another site user, the shuv indy dude is on the "kooky" side.

Yeah way too old school, the new logo should have a guy with a waxed moustache wearing cutoffs and a t-shirt
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88skisupreme wrote:
electricsnow wrote:
Listen, i just agree that a shuv indy doesn't exactly represent what's going on in wakeskating today. As far as any previous discussio is concerned, some upgrades would not be a bad thing. To borrow a term from another site user, the shuv indy dude is on the "kooky" side.

Yeah way too old school, the new logo should have a guy with a waxed moustache wearing cutoffs and a t-shirt
and a 5 panel hat
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakemitch wrote:
88skisupreme wrote:
electricsnow wrote:

and a 5 panel hat

Shin socks, Thick Frames , and Indy band shirt.

wslogo.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  84.69 KB
 Viewed:  7948 Time(s)

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site had been around for more than 10 years. It is more like 10 years since the last major crash or something. Laughing
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why fix something that isnt broken, the site works great the way it is... it has for the past 10 years(as long as ive been here)..... i get it... u want a flip trick on the front page... but kickflips isnt what started this site..... a lot of us grew up frequenting this site every day, its nice having something stay the same.... ya i get it change is progression but thats such an irrelevant comment in this situation, wakeskating or wakeskating.com is not going to progress with a kickflip logo of nick taylor or andrew pastura. I like how i dont know who that guy is in the logo... it should stay that way. Its just to iconic of wakeskating.com... ya ya whatever call me nostalgic... but the logo cant go... change the rest of the site if we have to for money reasons i get it... the home page is basically worthless... but leave the damn logo and colors for the love of wakeskating!
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
The site had been around for more than 10 years. It is more like 10 years since the last major crash or something. Laughing
I didnt get here til 04 so I missed out Sad
I always assumed the site started Sept 03 because those are the earliest joined dates.

In regards to the site, change is inevitable. We can't be cranky old men about it. Even wakeworld changed its look a couple years ago, and that site is all cranky old men!

I would like to see a logo that would actually look good on shirts and stickers. I would love to rep ws.com. The current logo doesnt work for that at all

Last edited by wakemitch on Aug 09, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with everything you said wakemitch.

You missed some interesting banter pre september 2003. In fact, that summer there were some interesting discussions, given the cassette/lf split, trick speculation, sfumato trick talk, etc etc. That was a really fun time in wakeskating...lots of potential and lots of great energy trying to move things forward, even though wakeskating was really small.

jdarr
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Bradenton

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11RANDOMNESS wrote:
WERDna, maybe but keep the color scheme.
Cool
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, For what it's worth, I don't think the logo should include a figure at all. You're high if you think the site works great the way it is though. You said it yourself, the home page is worthless. The forum (by far the most used part of the site) is well structured sure, but using it on a touch screen device (also what i'm sure a huge portion of people here are using) is like trying to post from a potato.
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like something for stickers and t-shirts.

-Kyle
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WERDna wrote:
Don't half ass it. If a new logo is happening, the site needs a complete face lift.
-b-rau-
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Slapdown, I don't think the logo should have a figure at all. If anything besides typography it should have something classic that will represent wakeskating whether it's wakeskating in the 90's or wakeskating 20 years from now...

Or Poptarts funboot logo Laughing

-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classic??? represents wakeskating???? sounds like we are talking the current logo we have up now!!!

Laughing
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the logo in the URL so everyone who doesnt want it to change can just look at that. Then in like 10 years bring it back Smash

-Kyle
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the nostalgia but I'm looking forward to an update. Love the site and have been here a long time, but It would be nice to know that if someone comes across our little spot on the internet they don't think it's a long-lost relic from the early 2000's. Instead of thinking "man, look at this thing people used to do" it should be more of a "HOLY SHITBALLS this is still kicking and awesome!" Sure, if people took a second to look at the videos and post dates with the current site they could tell; but at the speed some people judge a site before leaving it, I think it would make a big difference in getting people interested.

I feel like the community always talks about wanting the sport to grow and to get more people skating than ever. Why not update the look of the premier wakeskating site on the internet to draw people in? It would of course require more than a logo change, there would have to be a lot of updates, but it's definitely a piece of the puzzle.

Maybe the answer isn't completely changing things and the logo becomes someone kickflipping a gap. Maybe we just update the current silhouette along with the text so that is not only something more modern, but also something that looks great so we can rock shirts or put stickers on our car (i know, WAY easier said than done).
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is updated now, the URL just changed a little.

http://thewakeskatemag.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: