FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Okay, let's talk foot positioning...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Okay, let's talk foot positioning... Reply with quote

So, as I said in my first time out post, I still have lots of questions about wakeskating, so here's my first one: where should I place my feet when I'm setting up to get up, when I'm up, and when I'm landing different tricks? Also, how do you move your feet around while riding?

So when I'm just riding around, I usually had my back foot on the kick, and my front foot about 3/4 up the board, almost to the kick. This is also where my feet were when I tried my ollies-- except a common problem I was having was landing the ollie. I almost always landed sketchy and my feet would land in a bad position. One time, my back foot completely missed the kick on the landing- and I did the splits. Luckily it didn't hurt, but it definitely got me thinking, "man, I gotta get my foot positioning down".

Another problem I was having was actually moving my feet around while riding. I can do this on a skateboard easily- but something about the water moving by so fast and the pressure of the water against the board made it harder for me to move my feet around on the board. Any tips for this??

Also, I'm thinking into the future here: where do you place your feet for 180's?? One thing I want to try on my next trip out (tomorrow I believe!) is a surface 180, so I can get riding switch. I can do this easily on my wakeboard, cause there's no problem with foot positioning there. But I'm thinking to myself- "If I do a surface 180 with my feet positioned like they are when I'm normally riding, they will be backwards once I finish the 180". Is that okay, is that how you're supposed to land 180s (surface and air)? Do I just move my feet back once I'm riding switch (but how do I do that?) ?

Told you I had lots of questions Wink
fastgreens
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: baytown

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bondmaxbondrock, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvBiN3BAxw4

this should help with your foot positioning questions.

bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fastgreens, thank you!
knox
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part I stick with having my back foot all of the way back and my front foot a little further than 3/4 of the way up, but I think as you become more comfortable riding you'll discover where you are most comfortable. As far as placement for certain tricks, try what feels comfortable. If you feel like it could be better, watching your favorite rider do the trick can help with placement and execution.
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kid, thank you! I guess it all does come with time. But how do you place your feet for the 180?
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fastgreens, ha ha ha, I see what you did there. Wink

I couldn't check the video cause I was at work, and although it's not what I was hoping for and I've already watched it multiple times, looks like I know what I'm doing for the next 30 minutes Smash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: