FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

seriously?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all frye is trying to say I if esnow isn't getting paid, then how can we expect ''people'' to get paid?
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ttufan24... Haha I'm still laughing out loud. You are a gentleman and a scholar
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't deserve that much credit ttufan.

For whatever anyone thinks, what's been explained to me is the ads on here don't even generate enough revenue to cover hosting--however much or little it is. If that cost isn't being covered, of course nobody is getting paid. I don't even think that's a secret.

All i see is ed wanting more for the site. Anyone else can see it however they want.

Frye

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
I don't deserve that much credit ttufan.

For whatever anyone thinks, what's been explained to me is the ads on here don't even generate enough revenue to cover hosting--however much or little it is. If that cost isn't being covered, of course nobody is getting paid. I don't even think that's a secret.

All i see is ed wanting more for the site. Anyone else can see it however they want.

I couldn't agree more. I sat and thought for awhile about this and the only logical solution I could come up with was a full page Nascar ad as well. Not sure where my head was at earlier. Embarassed

jdarr
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Bradenton

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously quit b******* its just an ad.
frankycouplepuphs
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Decatur

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm chomping at the bit for updated content on www.unicornofthesea.com TTUFAN24. Get to work.
flixmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot run this website on 5-20 bucks a month worth of hosting. Servint does provide dedicated hosting. if they did not the site would not be up right now. Should the costs be divided.. Sure they should.. And wakeskating.com does not cover the divide costs nor have I even recovered the initial purchase cost of the website. The purchase price of the site is not public information but it was a pretty fair amount.

We need ad revenue so we can do more things with the site. I would like to be able to have Masi provide video content. I would like to be able to spend some ad money back on things for the website. All the money that we make on wakeboarder, wakeskating etc go directly back into the sites. So frye if you think I am trying to just run ads so I can put all the money in my pocket you are incorrect.

For all the wakeskate companies we have helped over the years. How about paying for some ads? How about supporting the website that helped you start your company? If we had some support from the wakeskate companies we would not have any ads from outside our industry. and then Frye would not have to beach about the ads. Well unless he did not like certain wakeskate companies.

Wakeboarding
flixmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn I just saw a tennis ad.. I would much rather see Nike 6.0, redbull, rockstar and other ads.
Wakeboarding
jxpxsx
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if the Wimbledon was something most wakeskaters fancied.

Rolling Eyes
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am I the only one that gets Harley Davidson ads?

http://i.imgur.com/Dp5U5Nj.jpg

jxpxsx
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART wrote:
am I the only one that gets Harley Davidson ads?

http://i.imgur.com/Dp5U5Nj.jpg

No, I get them too.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing I find that fits my demographic more than riding a loudass boat anchor. Wink

The only solution I see is a membership fee, a Bi-annual camp out/fundraiser/contest/awards ceremony, and the collective support of the wakeskate industry. Unfortunately for companies like the one I am helping with, we pay out of our own personal pockets for printed ads. I would have to also pay for an ad here out of pocket. I've also asked what that would cost, and its out of my price range. I use my extra snack money my wife lets me have to pay for the ads we do run, I doubt she would be down to let me spend what it would cost to advertise here. I would love to see a giant boodog ad pop up when you load the page. Some shot of blake or kyle , or a gif of a spot getting dropped. Winch sales aren't that good fellas. But if I win the lottery trust me Ill put it into the scene. Till then we should keep bitching, its about the only content we are "good" at providing.
Bang Head

TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankycouplepuphs, check back daily. I have made between zero and one update since the website started 2 years ago. you never know.
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to a wakeskate forum that doesn't have obnoxious ads.. Confused
SEAMAN
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for the paypal donate link, I'd be happy to put in on that.
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should stop worrying about "doing more things" on the site and focus on fixing the current state to keep people around. You are losing viewers when people cannot view the site. (Seriously, I can't click out of the ads sometimes, haha.) The site needs a major rehaul before wakeskate companies start dropping money into it. The homepage is cluttered with wakeboard garbage that probably hasn't been clicked in 10 years. On paper, it just doesn't look like a good investment. It's the equivalent to asking companies to pay to advertise at OWC on a classifieds cork board. You have to sell it to the companies, prove that it will benefit and produce sales. Don't just come on here and say "You guys owe us big time, pay up." Ws.com isn't the only wakeskate company hurting in the financial department.

Your audience is here to talk on the forums about wakeskating with fellow wakeskaters, shouldn't that be your first priority? Let the users provide the content for now and figure out a way to keep them here. If you keep focusing on paying for content, you are going to run this site deeper into depression. I don't even want to think about the debt I've accrued over the years producing free web content for wakeskating. I remember getting paid 50 dollars from three lengthy videos I did for Alliance years back. That doesn't even pay for the gas for 2 sessions. So instead of having my hard work be insulted by wakeboarders and lost in embarrassing wakeboard archives, I started wesubsist. No one paid for ads, there were no wakeboarding affiliations or NASCAR ads, and it was still successful. I sold some tees and shirts and the bills were paid. It's possible to make this site functional without all this BS. If you're paying more than $20 a month, you need a new web guy. If you think you are gonna be stuck with your debt forever, you're probably right and/or got ripped off. People make bad investments, they chalk it up and move on. The numbers don't lie, you're losing your audience and traffic is slowing down. Golfing ads aren't going to help, figure something else out.
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and it takes all of 60 seconds to code a PayPal donation button. PM me, I'd be more than happy to set it up, haha.
fastgreens
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: baytown

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread sucks balls. Twisted Evil
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I third the paypal.
BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The paypal donation button has been talked about for years, people are willing to throw money into the site with no strings or rewards attached. What's the problem with it? I don't know that I've seen a clear explanation to it not being here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: