FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Ollie tips? How to ollie higher?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Ollie tips? How to ollie higher? Reply with quote

So like I said in some thread a couple days ago, I've been trying to practice for wakeskating by riding my street deck more. So I've been trying to get my ollie down, but I can barely get all four wheels off the ground. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Also, I'm riding a 7.75 board I found at a garage sale for $1, and I've heard for my size (6 foot, 188 lbs, size 12 shoe) I should be riding like an 8.5 or something. I was thinking about just picking up this creature 8.8 deck for $30, would this be a good idea? My friend gave me some industrial trucks and some wheels for free so if I did this I would basically be riding a brand new set up instead of riding this beat up 7.75 I bought at a garage sale for $1, with wheels that barely spin...

Thanks! And no, before someone asks, no one is getting punked. I'm just a newb with a bunch of stupid questions.
w@kelife
Ollie
Ollie

City: Tavernier

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt mean to offend you man. I love that you are getting into it this much. Keep that stoke up. Heres a link of Aaron Reed with a trick tip for wake skating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD8QpRfm68

This one is helpful for skateboarding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyY4x-tW6g

Let us all know how your first set goes!
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha no worries man, thanks! And I've watched that Aaron Reed video so many times its not even funny, but luckily I should be able to get on the water for the first time this Friday!
Also, thanks for the other video, I'll check it out. Thanks!
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most basic answer is practice, practice, practice. For me, i could read or view an instructional, but it takes practice and awareness in order for it to make sense. And once you've got that, along with comfort and balance, then you can start to ollie higher or try new moves.
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, once I get my stitches removed (tomorrow morning!) I'm gonna try and go out to the skatepark and practice for a couple hours. Then I'm up to the lake to wakeskate for the first time, hopefully this Friday! Just I'm having issues with the jet skis battery, but as long as it took the charge (I tried to charge it for the past couple days) I'll be in business!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: