FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Photos and Footage from AMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: May 25, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Photos and Footage from AMI Reply with quote

Hey guys. I don't post much media here anymore, but I still document things from time to time. Here's some footage and photos from AMI last April (2012) while we were filming for Andrew's seasonal video project. I've got a lot of cool stuff from Keaton's visit out here during the fall. I'll try to post more stuff like that In the coming weeks or months or something. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/41052834

This was the first picture I took during the trip. It was at the airport here in Austin. It was taken with my phone.

First day, at the rail park.

I had never seen any of the newer Remote constructions up close. The thing rode pretty great.

Didn't get too many photos during this session, as Kid was driving which put me on film duty. Near the day's end, we took some sets of our own. Here's kid getting ready to get some salt in his eyes.

At the house.

We went beach winching the next day with some of the island groms. The spool rusted through on the winch which turned into a pretty time consuming situation. Didn't sour the mood much though, we still had a great day.

For some reason it got really dark at the end of the day, so I had to turn my ISO up to like 3200 and still had to take relatively long exposures (for handheld shots).

Here are some shots of seabirds.

On the last day, we went to the main land and met up with Travis D. and some other cool cats for a whaler session.

For the legitimacy enforcers, I don't think he stuck this one.

I had a really long lens on to catch while they were far away (most of the time), but for some reason I still shot Travis doing some tricks right by the dock.

I filmed a second angle from Nick's set so we would have more than shots from the boat, where Kid was posted up. But here are a couple of shots for you stalkers out there.

Here's a pano I took with my phone at the dock.

We ended up getting to the airport pretty late, and spent the night in the pre-boarding area to catch the next flight home which was the next day.
Here are two more phone panos from the airport. The second one might be from our layover.

Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: May 25, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a really fun time! I'm glad that song was put to good use....I was thinking it would go good with an edit.

Your videos are always really sick. Cool

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: May 25, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to use my winch for tow in surfing so bad but I don't want it to rust. It makes me want to build an all alluminum winch.

-Kyle
Kevin_M
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Houston

PostPosted: May 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time i've heard a fleet foxes song in a wake video
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: May 25, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin_M, I've wanted to use Fleet Foxes Mykonos for the longest time.

-Kyle
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: May 25, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you for sharing that! Your photos and video are great;they paint an excellent picture.

As wakeskating's evolved, nick has become one of my favorite riders to watch, and i love the behind the scenes look from things like this. Nick's move to remote was monumental, and that spring edit helped usher in the new era (which, for some readson, i feel sentamentality towards). Anway, again, thanks for taking the time to share your documented experience on ami last year. Cool

southpaw
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: May 28, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was freaking awesome! watching nick ride that first 39.5 heavy remote was amazing. esnow said it perfectly, monumental at the time.
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: May 30, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! We actually found out at the same time as everyone else that Nick had gone to Remote; which was just a week or so I think before we took our trip out there. I remember we both were a bit skeptical of how Nick's style would look on a Remote, but were excited to be able to release some of the first footage of it.

That all being said, thanks Kid for a great trip, and thanks Nick for the hospitality.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: