FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

This Has Everything To Do With Wakeskating...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post it !!
the other luke
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sagittorious, hugs not drugs homie
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyk wrote:
yes.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

We are still figuring out the balance for winch park vs. system 2.0 park & how we want to do all of that, but we'll definitely go with whatever works the best...

Anyone who wants to help, I would be super stoked to have you out. I'm going to be off-site for a Remote team shoot until around Tuesday, and then it's back up to the forests of Suwannee to finish the job. We'll be doing handwork until next Friday (March 22) & then I think starting that weekend is going to be the heavy stuff, and that's where I'll be needing all the help we can get. There's plenty of room for camping & a few spots open in the cabin for air mattresses/hammocks...

Let me get a set date before anyone drops plans or starts making moves, but I'd say tentatively that March 23rd is go-time.

I'm working on getting the video uploaded, but good internet is hard to come by right now & I'm pushing the 5GB weekly limit on my Vimeo account Laughing It'll be up as soon as I can get it uploaded... Here's a 9-photo stitch of the entire worksite before we built the main dam & before any water made it's way in. You can see the basic form of the entire setup. The 100ft top pool, the drop into the 110ft middle pond, and the 90ft landing pond, as well as all of our equipment (and the Oaks!)...

If you click the link below the photo, you can see the full-size hi-res version, definitely worth a look...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-p6Njage4HdU/UUJ84lSaZyI/AAAAAAAAAmc/0giFJsV8wsw/s7500/doubledrop1.jpg

Sagittorious, the other luke, No, no, no... Abraham & the Pope built the ark to survive the locust plagues & save all the Israelites from being turned into pillars of salt & fig trees... Noah took mushrooms & lit his bushes on fire, had a bad trip & decided he didn't like gay people, then Jonah gave everybody bread & fish while the Tooth Fairy & Jesus gave them xenophobia and took all their money... All that around the same time that Yahweh smote A BUNCH of people.

`

cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nvt, you do some amazing work...what an accomplishment. Cool
Sagittorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Montgomery

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other luke wrote:
Sagittorious, hugs not drugs homie

Why not both? Wink

miller
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Regina

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, wow. You do work.
That is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Please keep us updated.

http://harfangsnowskates.com/
http://www.thrashdad.com/
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it a double drop? Didn't know there was going to be a system 2, that's rad. This place is going to look majestic when its all full of water.

-Kyle
the other luke
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sagittorious, as long as my parents or the tooth fairy don't figure out how the Internet works, blaze it up!!!

nick, I respect, fear, and admire everything that you have to say, my good sir. I wish I had the chance to fly out and help. There's nothing more that I'd rather do right now, but sadly, I'm stuck in Ohio Crying or Very sad may peace be with you!
LATX
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Austin

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick wrote:

Sagittorious, the other luke, No, no, no... Abraham & the Pope built the ark to survive the locust plagues & save all the Israelites from being turned into pillars of salt & fig trees... Noah took mushrooms & lit his bushes on fire, had a bad trip & decided he didn't like gay people, then Jonah gave everybody bread & fish while the Tooth Fairy & Jesus gave them xenophobia and took all their money... All that around the same time that Yahweh smote A BUNCH of people.

`

Probably one of the funniest things I've read in a while Laughing

I'd like to come out in may before retention to help

insta: chriscollinge_
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

creation in its rawest from.keep shaping the world as u see it. the unflitltered beauty of that place makes my heart sing. wish i could come help, and hope someday to bare witness. that place looks do damn cool Cool
nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11RANDOMNESS, Yes, the main setup will be a double drop pulled with the Sesitec system 2.0, built to wakeskate specifications... Across the trail from the double drop, there will be an all-winch setup with 2 different drops & a flatwater stretch all leading into a circular landing pond underneath the Sprawling Oak...

LATX, Laughing

Raven, Cool

The video is exporting! Hopefully there's not too much loss of quality, as the original file was 14GB and Vimeo will only let me upload 5GB per week...

`

Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, Thank you.
from with love, Wakeskating.
Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you going to charge admission? or is it going to be like the berrics of wakeskating? haha

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
Lollar
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick wrote:
11RANDOMNESS, Yes, the main setup will be a double drop pulled with the Sesitec system 2.0, built to wakeskate specifications... Across the trail from the double drop, there will be an all-winch setup with 2 different drops & a flatwater stretch all leading into a circular landing pond underneath the Sprawling Oak...

LATX, Laughing

Raven, Cool

The video is exporting! Hopefully there's not too much loss of quality, as the original file was 14GB and Vimeo will only let me upload 5GB per week...

`

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnarly Dancer 42, As fun as it sounds to stand out in front of a giant wrough-iron gate, collecting tickets and waving people in like Willy Wonka, this little wakeskater's paradise will definitely not be charging admission. It will be somewhat Berrics-like in operation, but maybe more like a hippie commune where people can come and stay for a bit, ride all day everyday, and have a great time, as long as everyone who comes here contributes to the entire experience, to help make this place run smooth & to make it better and better as time goes on...

This could be anything like helping with the garden, pulling other people on the gaps for a while, making a big meal for everyone, building something sweet, making weird art to hang up in the forest, taking photos of other wakeskaters & giving them away for free... Anything that is going to make everybody's time here more enjoyable, not just your own. The idea here is that there's probably going to be an awesome mixed up crowd here most of the time, that we're all a family, and that anyone who is willing to put away selfish tendencies & contribute, is welcome here Very Happy

`

Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick wrote:
Gnarly Dancer 42, As fun as it sounds to stand out in front of a giant wrough-iron gate, collecting tickets and waving people in like Willy Wonka, this little wakeskater's paradise will definitely not be charging admission. It will be somewhat Berrics-like in operation, but maybe more like a hippie commune where people can come and stay for a bit, ride all day everyday, and have a great time, as long as everyone who comes here contributes to the entire experience, to help make this place run smooth & to make it better and better as time goes on...

This could be anything like helping with the garden, pulling other people on the gaps for a while, making a big meal for everyone, building something sweet, making weird art to hang up in the forest, taking photos of other wakeskaters & giving them away for free... Anything that is going to make everybody's time here more enjoyable, not just your own. The idea here is that there's probably going to be an awesome mixed up crowd here most of the time, that we're all a family, and that anyone who is willing to put away selfish tendencies & contribute, is welcome here Very Happy

`

This brings the biggest smile to my face! Can't wait to help lend a hand and experience the mystical grounds of Suwannee

This has to be the Epitome of a wakeskaters dream ! haha or at least it's been mine for too many moons

Thank you, to everyone who has been a part of this

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright everyone, here's the video (finally)... I had to re-compress this thing like 7 times before Vimeo would take it.

Taking place over about a year's time, this video is 36 minutes of myself, TJ, Erik, Joe, Alexa, & Diamond (aka Chico Dusty, winner of the Best Dog Ever award for 3 years running) exploring the forest, mapping out the winch park, diving the nearby springs, setting up our cabins made from 40ft shipping containers, lumberjacking, bringing in Reggie's crew to finish clearing, starting the first section of the skatepark, some heavy tree climbing & vine swinging, the beginnings of construction on the gaps, and then a few clips from right after the big flood...

I know most of you are just looking for a better idea of what this place is like, but I feel the need to say that there is no wakeskating in this video... It is purely for documenting our time out here in my little oak forest, and I was never actually planning on posting it... but here it is...

enjoy

www.vimeo.com/9370407

`
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, Thats such an amazing video, thanks for posting it nick!

-Kyle
BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
SCBrips
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Darcy's Parents' Hot Tub

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This motherf_cker...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Add To Favorites

Jump to: