FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

I need advise with planning a trip to the keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: I need advise with planning a trip to the keys Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I are going to the keys in Feb. Our plan is to hang on the beach and do the normal tourist stuff… and of course, I'll be at the cable park for a day or two. Is anyone familiar with the area, and willing to help me out with planning this trip? I'd like to find somewhere cool to stay (hut on the beach kind of place) We're planning to fly into Miami and drive from there. Does that make sense?

Thanks.
Jeff
w@kelife
Ollie
Ollie

City: Tavernier

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Tavernier which is in the upper keys. Theres some nice places to stay up this way on the bay side or ocean side. You have to go to this place Robbies and feed the tarpon at like mm 79ish, City Hall is a great place to eat (mm89), Theatre of the Sea you can swim with dolphins and that kind of stuff (mm84), and the only beaches we have are Annes Beach (around mm77), Bahia Honda State Park (mm37) and the Beaches in Key West. Everywhere else is basically just coral. Theres a few rails set up on the bayside but they're kinda sketchy.
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w@kelife, That robbies place has to be making a killing, they charge like a dollar to get in and then 5$ for fish to feed the tarpon. Every time I drive by it's packed. Sorry for the thread jacking.

-Kyle
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Dec 25, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cancel ur flight and come to cincinnati we have a cablepark and beaces on the ohio river and we have catfish you can feed
coricluster
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: berlin

PostPosted: Dec 25, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah cinci in feb sounds real relaxing peeling icicles off your face at the cable lol. Def hit the keys islamorada and cudjoe key are fun places you can feed the tarpon at bud n marys marina in islamorada and plenty of house rentals
jeff
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Dec 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips guys. Cori, I'll give you a call soon.
w@kelife
Ollie
Ollie

City: Tavernier

PostPosted: Dec 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11RANDOMNESS, for real that place is packed like all the time. my friend rents jet skis, paddle boards, and kayaks there too. You guys will have a blast while visiting. Hmu if you wanna ride too, im always down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: