FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

building a website?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: building a website? Reply with quote

do anyone know how to make a website with wordpress?

I'm trying to setup a website using wordpress and I can't figure it out.

I bought a domain on 1and1.com, then I bought a hosting plan on 1and1, then I made a new database under the My SQL administration page, then tried connecting to my ftp account with filezilla and fire ftp, but it wouldn't connect.

Then I called 1and1 and the guy told me I bought the wrong hosting plan and that I needed the linux hosting plan for wordpress and not the windows one. So I added the linux and canceled the windows account and I still can't connect to my ftp account using filezilla and fire ftp....

I have no idea what I'm doing....I watched some tutorials on youtube on how to do this stuff and they made it look really easy and impossible to screw up. I'm thinking about switching to a different host where all you need to do is click the install wordpress button.

I'm not sure how much expirence any of you have with wordpress, but any help would be great!

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
Frye

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to connect to your FTP with your FTP login details provided by 1and1.com. It will be an ftp address, username, and password.

Generally it's something like this:

ftp@yourdomain.com
username
password

This connects you to your root directory. Now you need to upload the Wordpress package to your public html folder. This folder is normally called public_html or www. Once the package is uploaded you need to edit your config.php. This is where your MySQL database comes in. In the config.php, add your database host, database name, username, and password where indicated.

Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: Oct 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured it out! thanks for the help

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use dreamweaver,

i made a winch website ( no domain), that is translated into 5 languages and culturally customized for my international e-business class............ i got an A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: