FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

polaris 1050 ?? please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcraig
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: nocona

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: polaris 1050 ?? please help Reply with quote

i have a 97 polaris sl1050. i took it out yesterday and everything was running fine then all of a sudden it had a complete loss of power and will barely even move at full throttle. its almost as if the choking out or just bogging down. when you give it full throttle it just smokes and bogs down
brassmonkey
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: sarasota

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbs?
A back door into a life divine.
Patric
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Gladwyne (philadelphia)

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a carb problem
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude put oil in it

and if its not the oil then douse it in gasoline and sink dat beach

then buy some jack and pour it out for your dead home (polaris)

jcraig
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us have a lil common sense , in that case
*it has oil in it... in fact all fluids were changed and serviced prior to running it that day!
Smart ass comments aren't really necessary! just looking for some positive outlook in where to start to fix the problem and thanks to those that have helped
Laughing
robsmaze
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Yorkville & Chicago

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the intake and the wear ring. we've sucked rocks into ours... similar symptoms...
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: DFW

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to determine if the motors not blown you can check each cylinders compression to make sure you are getting optimimun power out of each cylinder.

2-Stroke Carbureted motors can be really finicky and if the jet ski is being ran while carbs are dirty/clogged/out of tune/etc can cause the air/oil/fuel ratio to lean out and burn up your cylinders.

When a motor/top end/cylinders get over heated it will burn up/score/melt the cylinder walls causing loss of compression and loss of power. If it feels like its only running at half the speed or 1/3 speed there is a possibility you might have done some damage to one or more cylinders.

You Ploaris is a 1050cc so more than likely there should be a total of 3 cylinders. To check the compression you need to buy/borrow one of these -

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Actron-2-1-2-in-quick-release-compression-tester-kit/_/N-25j0?itemIdentifier=487835_0_0_

Watch this video and a couple more to get an idea how to do the compression test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ONnGsBXMK8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcPqQEn1nDE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmeQ0cDFmGk

I would also google "pwc compression test" and read up on it a little bit as well if you have the the time.

Doing the compression test will rule out the possibility of damaging the actual motor. If you get good compression readings in all cylinders and none of them vary then the other possible culprits would be:

-Fouled spark plugs *Another thing to do would be to replace all the spark plugs and go run it again and see if that helps. You can also check for spark at each cylinder while doing the compression test by reading this forum link - http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?5923-How-do-I-verify-spark-at-spark-plugs

-A fuel deleivery issue - Clogged carburetors, gunked up fuel lines, carb filters needing to be replaced

-Possiblity up sucking something into the intake grate/jet pump clogged/ damaged impeller.

I youst to work on quite a bit of 2-stroke jet ski's trying to wakeskate behind them and most of the time all they ever made me want to do is this Bang Head

Hopefully you can get it figured out, keep us updated on your findings Smile
jcraig
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys,i guess im just going to take it to the shop so i dont mess anything upmajor in the process of trying to fix it lol.
ill let ya know what they say when i get them back thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: