FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

I just have to ask...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jake .R.
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Chippewa Lake

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: I just have to ask... Reply with quote

Where are the new tricks? and where is the documentation of these tricks? back in the day people used to shizzle bricks if a variel heel was landed or a pressure flip. someone has to be landing switch 3 flips by now. i mean, when a new trick is landed, a new possibility opens for everyone. we need more documentation.

and where is noisa vision? lol.
im hoping so much that in that video unseen shizzle will go down. like lazer flips in lines and noseslide kickflips out. cmon people

tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake .R., I'm curious to how you think there isn't enough documentation in wakeskating right now. When was the last time you watched a contest edit or full length video without seeing handfuls of new tricks go down? Watch the lines that were thrown down at Retention and Toe Jam, watch the 2011 Trick of the Year nominees. The past year has been incredibly progressive for wakeskating and 2012 has just begun.

I personally don't want to see new tricks via facebook iphone clips when they could be saved for a professional full length.. You know, those videos guys work on for 12+ months to showcase wakeskating at it's fullest potential. I want to see it in the best quality possible, not hear about it on the forums just because someone wants to name drawp.

To me it's like picking up a skate mag and having your mind blown by the cover shot. Most the time, it's a new trick or new spot that just makes you question the limits of what these dudes are capable of.

Dieter is one of the select few wakeskate videographers who actually take their time and don't cut corners. He's not going to release it until it's ready. And I doubt you'll be complaining then.
Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wanna see a front tail kickflip out Cool

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
WERDna
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 10, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake .R., So for your noseslide kickflip out, would you like me to pop a nollie out of the noseslide then do the kickflip with my same front foot? Kinda got some high expectations there fella.
Zero.
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Kissimmee

PostPosted: May 10, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he probly means noseslide switch flip

electricsnow wrote:
It's not companies trying to live the dream, so much as it's the people behind them who are trying to help good riders actually make a living off of wakeskating.
jake .R.
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 10, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tad, didnt mean to offend here... the sub is doing better than most websites right now so its not you. i just get nostalgic over the days where every new trick was put in a clip on here. i just would like to know more about whats being landed. it all seems so secrative and lately the videos being put out dont have new tricks in them. And im not hating on the riders for wanting to save their clips for the big videos. im just getting ancy! Very Happy i havent had stoke like this for a video since MTM.

Gnarly Dancer 42, Cool agreed

WERDna, haha no dude that would be a noseslide nollie late front foot kickflip and thats not gonna be happenin for a little while... noseslide nollie flip out or fronttail kickflip out. Im not hating i just love this sport and want to see it continue to progress with the same speed it has been.

tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: May 10, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake .R., no offense taken. My job is to document wakeskating and I don't think you really understand what that entails. I sat on footage for over a year before anyone know what was going to go down. Look at the results. Now think back if everyone knew all the tricks that went down in MTM before it came out. It would have been stale, just like if someone instagramed a cover shot before the mag dropped.

The MTM premiere was wild. People were stoking after every. single. trick. And I don't take any credit for that besides the fact I kept them secret. These riders are incredibly talented and just because you don't see the progression going down on the forums, doesn't mean it's not happening on the water.

I believe exclusiveness is important for the future of wakeskating. Otherwise our content and coverage is just going to be watered down by a bunch of wakeboarding crap.. and that's exactly why we started our own website.

As far as flip out tricks... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
jdarr
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Bradenton

PostPosted: May 10, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tad wrote:
jake .R., no offense taken. My job is to document wakeskating and I don't think you really understand what that entails. I sat on footage for over a year before anyone know what was going to go down. Look at the results. Now think back if everyone knew all the tricks that went down in MTM before it came out. It would have been stale, just like if someone instagramed a cover shot before the mag dropped.

The MTM premiere was wild. People were stoking after every. single. trick. And I don't take any credit for that besides the fact I kept them secret. These riders are incredibly talented and just because you don't see the progression going down on the forums, doesn't mean it's not happening on the water.

I believe exclusiveness is important for the future of wakeskating. Otherwise our content and coverage is just going to be watered down by a bunch of wakeboarding crap.. and that's exactly why we started our own website.

As far as flip out tricks... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Well said keep it secret. But def post throw away footy!
jake .R.
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 11, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tad, your right I dont know what it entails. Respect. because that cant be easy containing soooo much crazy shizzle
jake .R.
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 11, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOKE Very Happy i just love to see and even hear rumors about the progression. two years ago or so when reed hansen landed that backside heel and patrick made a post about it... it drove me nuts to never see the footage
RedLine Whiine
Ollie
Ollie

City: Jacksonville "everywhere"

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnarly Dancer 42 wrote:

Austin was throwing them at Rentention. very close to landing it in best trick contest. Knox landed a laser flip...Twice.

www.YOKEwinching.com
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedLine Whiine wrote:
Gnarly Dancer 42 wrote:

Austin was throwing them at Rentention. very close to landing it in best trick contest. Knox landed a laser flip...Twice.

Ugh he was soooooooo close tooo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: