FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Faulty skateboards?? anyone deal with this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randomhero14
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Faulty skateboards?? anyone deal with this? Reply with quote

I just bought a brand new arto sari p2 deck. p2 technology is supposed to have better pop and make the board last way long. I got my board a week ago and have skated it about 2 times. I saw the side today and it looks like the wood ply's were splitting and didn't even get glued together. I don't skate anything real big so I think it came that way from the factory but I just didn't notice. I called the number on flips website and left a message with the warranty people. I just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with something like this or had any advice on who I should talk too to try and get a new deck. worst comes to worst I'll just wood glue it back together.
dscsk8er55
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you buy it from? Take it back to there and tell them this is a delam problem. They should be able to send it back to the manufacture. I think you have to go through your shop b/c I don't know if they manufacture will deal straight with you.

I had the same problem with a DGK about a year ago where half of my tail lost 4 plys on half of it. The shop I bought it from ended up saying they couldn't warranty it b/c it looked like an impact hit it. My board was looking pretty beat up b/c I had two skate seshs on it where I was doing allot of slides but was still a new board. Sad Needless to say, I have not gone back to that shop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Some decks should not make it past inspection or it's not a visually noticeable defect. My buddy got a new loaded Bhangra and his first ride it rode into chain link, not a pole, and the bottom plys came off on one side. The board was going slow too. The side it broke has lamination issues down the whole side. Whomever u bought it from is who to contact first.
Randomhero14
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called up flip yesterday and got a call back today and the guy that is with warranty (Tony) just told me to send it in and they'll ship out a new one for me. I'm really impressed. Even though I have to pay shipping they didn't ask any questions when I told them it was a delam problem and they said they'd ship out a new one right away. Thanks for the input guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: