FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Jawbone UP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Jawbone UP Reply with quote

http://jawbone.com/up

Saw this last night and think I'm going to ask for it for Xmas even though some people are having issues. There seems to be a pretty loose exchange policy so I think I'll try it.

Does anyone have one?

Zero.
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Kissimmee

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the point of it? track yourself and save 100 bux lol

electricsnow wrote:
It's not companies trying to live the dream, so much as it's the people behind them who are trying to help good riders actually make a living off of wakeskating.
BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero., You can't track your own sleep patterns...That seems like the only cool thing about it. All the other stuff like you said you can just do yourself.
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB wrote:
Zero., You can't track your own sleep patterns...That seems like the only cool thing about it. All the other stuff like you said you can just do yourself.

Right

I majored in psych so sleep patterns are an interest to me and I would love to be happier in the morning. My new job is earlier than I'm used to so if I can get an edge I'll take it

senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasT wrote:
BB wrote:

Right

I majored in psych so sleep patterns are an interest to me and I would love to be happier in the morning. My new job is earlier than I'm used to so if I can get an edge I'll take it

I can already do that with a 99 cent app called Sleep Cycle
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

senorbueno wrote:
texasT wrote:
BB wrote:

Right

I can already do that with a 99 cent app called Sleep Cycle

I've heard of that, how is it?

I just like the gimmick of the UP. It's a pretty cool looking band and is going to help me get in shape. Im pretty fat for a skinny boy so I've decided to try and change some of that. Also I want to be in better shape for next season since I'm planning on getting a seadoo.

I understand it's $99 and that's pretty pricey but to me it could be a decent Christmas present.

senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasT, It's pretty decent... you need a long enough power cable so that it reaches your bed though... If you move around a lot in your sleep you may knock the phone out of your bed. When I do use it I do notice that it wakes me up in a light stage of sleep and I do feel better in the morning.

I'm in Houston quite a bit for my current job (but that may be changing soon). I haven't been riding much lately but I need to get back into it. Next time I'm in town I'll hit you up. Do you go to the cable there much?
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

senorbueno, Ah I see. I might give them both a shot and see what happens. Jawbones return policy is really good since they recognize some people are having legitimate problems so I can always return it if I hate it

And it sounds like we're in the same boat for riding (pun intended). My only pull got decommissioned probably for life and I'm no good at cable. I've been a few times and I suck and it kills the stoke for me. $40 is just too much for me to be terrible. I've got a new job recently do I'll be saving for a seadoo so I'm hoping to have that next season. We'll see tho since most the things I plan to have as a pull fall through.

I must be positive tho! Cool

DRAGON88
Dragoon

City: Portland

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to consider:

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/8/2621420/jawbone-up-refund-defective-fitness-band

texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 09, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome

I bought one last night so we'll see what happens. So far the smart alarm failed because my girlfriends alarm went off and as soon as it did the band started vibrating lol

Least it knows when I'm awake haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: