FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

google earth and winching...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the other luke
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: google earth and winching... Reply with quote

Last edited by the other luke on Sep 30, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
knox
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the pictures and addresses of your 11 spots?
Randomhero14
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kid wrote:
Where are the pictures and addresses of your 11 spots?
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other luke, people don't keep their spots secret because they want to shred them alone.. when spots get blown up and getting kicked out becomes more frequent, cops get sick of it and start slapping trespassing warrants on everyone.

I tell everyone where spots are when they come into town.. as long as you let me get a few pulls in with your winch. Haha..

No one is being a whiney beach.. It's the same with all the other sports.. skating, surfing, snowboarding...
SwissArmyKnife
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: PawPaw

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a few new spots last night... the trick is phrasing, was seaching "southern michigan dams" because rivers are generally smaller in michigan. probably wouldn't work in places where your rivers are large, no one is gonna winch the Hoover Dam ya know.

Question When you search for spots/leads on spots to winch, What do you phrase to you use when you search? Question

Question How do you go about searching? Straight to googlemaps? Google spillway/waterfall lists? Question

there are some naturalist/conservation groups around here that actually have a website with dam names and locations with google maps. searched the dam name and found a few photos aor a few spots.

here is a taste of what can be found!

ham dam.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  119.76 KB
 Viewed:  11076 Time(s)

menasha paper co dam.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  24.68 KB
 Viewed:  11076 Time(s)

Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do it the hard way. I just take my 5yr old nephew strap a gopro to his head and send him down a river on an inntertube with some gummy snacks and caprisuns. I pick him up down river and look at the footage.
SwissArmyKnife
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: PawPaw

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M, high five! I got to play on rivers when I was that age too! SO much fun. I feel like most parents now-a-days won't let stuff like that fly. You ever watch "Lassie"? Where were that kids parents? The kid could outlast Bear Grylls(sp?) in the Rocky Mtns. while saving some miners from a colapsed mine-shaft!
Brett Leadley
Raven Flip

City: Berlin, NJ

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20864
southpaw
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwissArmyKnife wrote:
winch the Hoover Dam

lets make this happen!
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the real trick to finding all the gaps ---is in finding Kayak forums in your area
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART wrote:
the real trick to finding all the gaps ---is in finding Kayak forums in your area
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Best
Idea
Ever
!

Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kid, Laughing
my spots are open to those that want to ride and come out with myself and friends, but im not going to just tell a bunch of people to go there etc. spots are rare enough out here.
paulmc
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART wrote:

Thats what we do over here too...

Plus an awesome website called www.geograph.org.uk where they are trying to get photo's of every grid square in the UK. So weir's and waterfalls are intresting points people pick out! Then they stick them on there and all you need to search is weir in the area of intrest!
spowell
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: munchester

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulmc, i'm glad you flaunted the old geography link because i was about to!
Bamalurker
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Guntersville

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to use google images in conjunction with google earth/maps. Say for instance I find a dan on google earth; then on google images type in dam and the city and state that you located it at. 9 times outta 10 there's plenty of pics. I've also noticed that a large number of spots I find are on a road named sumthing with the word mill in it. Like our most recent spot was on teds mill road. I typed in teds mill and tons of pics popes up.

Drop in and tune out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: