FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

iPhone 4S (not 5) :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: iPhone 4S (not 5) :( Reply with quote

Today they announced the iPhone 4S which is basically just a slightly upgraded phone in a iPhone 4 shell. The upgrades will probably prove to be somewhat impressive, but definitely not any reason to ditch your iPhone 4.

I am jealous of the 1080p recording tho...

Anyway, anyone looking to pick this up? Could make some nice wakeskating footy for on-the-fly sessions Smile

More info here: www.everythingicafe.com (along with a good forum)

And I know someone is going to want to flame this because
1) they hate apple
2) they hate apple people
3) they hate me
4) they think the all htc phones are better

But let's keep the flaming to a minimum plz. Lol

GZA
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man
I've got the Samsung Galaxy S2 which is pretty much about the same spec as the Iphone 4S. So far it's an awsome phone and I'm not techy enough to care too much about the android vs IOS war. The camera is pretty nice though!
I think Apple havn't released the 5 because there is already talk of the next galaxy having a quad core proccessor etc so I'm sure Apple will be designing something along the same lines.
Zero.
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Kissimmee

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GZA, how long have you had the galaxy s2? im looking for a goooood tmobile phone...ive never had anything but a sidekick ID without internet/pics/the lot so i dont know what to look for Sad

texasT, i know this is about the iphone but i have ta ask lol.

electricsnow wrote:
It's not companies trying to live the dream, so much as it's the people behind them who are trying to help good riders actually make a living off of wakeskating.
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cloud stuff is cooler than the phone. But the Siri voice control will be cool. It's the same as a 3G:3GS. 5 will be out in June I bet
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how everyone is bummed. I bet if Apple changed even the slightest bit of the outer case then everyone would be lining up for this thing.

The insides are current technology, which is exactly what you should have expected. There were quite a few rumors that Apple wasn't going 4G with the radio yet, so that wasn't a shock either. The new camera tech sounds interesting. But IMO the biggest bonus with the new guts is that Apple has optimized the processor to work better w/ the camera and w/ graphics.

The iPhone 4 is a solid unit in its own right, and I'm sure plenty of people will decide to hold off on upgrading until iPhone 5 drops next year. Also, I'm sure plenty of people will buy the 4 instead of the 4S given that it's $99 w/ contract.

GZA
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero., This to is my first wizz bang phone. So far it amazes me what can be done with them. I don't know if there's really much difference in the top phones anymore but everything I've read (and experienced) so far about the Galaxy is good.

texasT, sorry for kinda taking your thread off topic Embarassed
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GZA, Lol np

And ya I knew it wouldn't be a complete overhaul but you can always hope for something bright and new.

Apple used to be on the forefront and had new things before others but I feel they can't keep up with the slew of HTC phones and the other companies. I don't know when they'll get back on top but maybe if they took a break on the releases.

scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a wrote:
But IMO the biggest bonus with the new guts is that Apple has optimized the processor to work better w/ the camera and w/ graphics.
Some numbers from anandtech.com- link. This thing appears to be as fast as any other phone on the market right now, if not faster. It'll be interesting to see what real world usage looks like.

And note that a 3GS with the new operating system scores BETTER than some of the newer phones that are more powerful.

texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I saw that today. Those lucky Germans have already got theirs! Also saw this and was quite impressed (though I didn't think I would be before):

http://www.everythingicafe.com/real-world-video-demo-of-siri-on-iphone-4s-amazes/2011/10/11/

On past phones and other electronics with voice activation I always thought it was stupid or a gimmick but this thing might be intuitive... Reminds me lf HAL Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: