FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

HD Camcorders under $1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: HD Camcorders under $1000 Reply with quote

Anybody have any recent experience with new HD cameras? I've been out of the market for a while and my DV handycam is pretty much ancient at this point. I might be looking to make a purchase winthin the next few months so if there's any new tech coming out between then and now, I don't mind waiting. (Selling a bunch of old stuff and am planning to spend the cash on this new gear).

What I'm looking for in a camera is: HD quality video, under $1,000, HDD storage preferable (to preserve video quality when transferring to the computer and to not have to deal with tapes), audio-in options (I'm assuming most cameras still have this for external mics but like I said, I've been out of it for a while), and reasonable portability (I'd like to take on trips with me and don't want to lug around a separate bag if I don't have to).

I say $1,000 but lower cost is better of course. in any case, I don't want to sacrifice quality for a cheaper camera since I want this one to last me a long time.
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon Hv30.. got one for sale if you are interested, PM me.
CapriSunAllNatural
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Bham, WA

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all my research, If you are looking for good highdef quality under $100, Canon is the way to go. Mostly because of the lens they use.

I have a Canon HG20, very pleased with the performance as well as the video. No complaints. Oh, unless you want to manual focus.
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP! Been a while since I posted. any new advancements in the world of sub $1000 HD camcorders? Looking to get one in the next couple of weeks.

So far the Sony Handycam HDRCX360V is sticking out as a winner to me based off of reviews/examples online.
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that. Looking at the Panasonic HDC-TM700 or TM900. Anyone with any experience with those?
wakethecape
Ollie
Ollie

City: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a Sony HDR-CX130 and Sony's water proof case at the beginning of summer. The camera was $400 and the case was $200. The camera is HD, has 30x optical zoom and records to SD cards. The case lets you use all of the buttons underwater. I'd recommend it.
samm
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon hf s21 is dope
Or a Panasonic tm700 or tm900
Mario C.
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: DEEEETROIT

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been thru this decision myself and decided to go with a canon t2i dslr.. lenses are cheaper depending on what brand and quality, plus the manual controls and settings are professional.
Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a panasonic gh1.

and when you hack it, nothing compares to this thing for the money

you get amazing quality out of the box for $400 - as long as you have good lenses

you can upgrade the firmware and make it shoot at 80 mps/sec vs. the stock 20 mps/sec and it shoots better quality than a canon 7d

I have one and love it.

here's a little video i made with mine (shot with the lowest quality hd, i have a slow computer) http://vimeo.com/27302725

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: