FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

got booted from our winch spot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopiepantz
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: of Roses

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: got booted from our winch spot Reply with quote

Im so bummed. After three years of shredding the same spot on the river, the sheriff shows up yesterday and tells us we gotta go, that it's private property, and someone called us in. We looked it up. Rivers and river banks are public domain by federal law. A land owner cannot restrict access to said river from a public road/bridge, even if one must cross private property to get to the water. This applies for boaters, fishermen, and recreational activity.
It's especially annoying because people go out there to swim and leave broken glass, dirty diapers, tampons, and every other disgusting piece of garbage you can think of. We pack trash out of there every time we go. Anyone know of a private pond in Norcal?
I guess we gotta just keep going and see what happens. Plus we got a kicker and flat bar out there. He didn't say a word about that. Didn't take names or write tickets, either...

We're going back.
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang man that sucks. Luckily he didn't wrote you a ticket and thats awesome info to know about rivers!
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should go back. And what would the ticket be for? lol... having fun? There is no state statutes that says "no water dancing" lol. And and without trespassing signs he cant arrest you or NTA you for that.... If they got a complaint thats all they were doing was making that guy/girl happy. Most of the time deputies dont know what you know about the river being public domain. Just make sure you let them know that next time your out there. Dont be cocky about it, just be very humble. And explain it to him. If he still insists just leave because you dont want to be arrested for obstruction or resisting... who knows. Good luck!

Back in the day some FWC guys tried to kick us out of FAU gap. I just said people are aloud to fish here... and swim here... why cant we do what we are doing. He had no answer. The winch was on no private property the sound was doing no1 any harm, the locals/students loved to watch it. He realized he was being a dickhead and just sat and watched for a while. Very Happy
poopiepantz
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: of Roses

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no doubt. This guy was cool. He said he used to ride his dirtbikes out there when he was a kid. He said he was obligated to respond to the call. I guess the ticket would be for trespassing, but I think he knew he couldn't write a ticket for that. He even said he liked our little rail park setup!

I'm thinking we just keep going back until they start telling whoever it is that calls that they are sorry but there is nothing they can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: