FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

backside big spins!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
killingthedream
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: backside big spins!!!! Reply with quote

i got a whole bag of half done tricks. i can rotate them but cant stick them. backside bigspin is one i need serious help with. im not a very consistent rider. i have good days and bad days. SO is there any simple tips for backside bigspins? anything i should be able to do before i start going for this? thanks dudes
triggamike
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 225

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throw a shuv to frontboard in the flats, get used to landin blind over your toes
likwidfolife
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: DFW

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shuv to front board concept definitely helps,

that or think of it as throwing a shuv and when your scooping the shuv throw your body into a backside 180 landing wrapped.

When you combine the backside 180 with the shuv at the same time it usually gives the board enough ooommphhh (haha) to throw it around to 270. Try and catch it at 270 landing wrapped.

When i learned this trick I did a lot of backside 180's over and over putting a lot of emphasis on landing wrapped and when landing staying really well bent over my toes. Once you get comfortable with that throw the 180 and scoop that shove with it and it should come around. Just remember to try and catch the board at 270 before you land.

Hope this helps
mcthrust
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah definitely start the bs180 first, then throw the 270 shuv. lots of weight on your back foot and lean over your toes = basically lean over your back foot toes when you throw em.

just do HEAPS of bs 180's ALL the time, learn to pop the bs 180 from your back foot toes and land comfortably on your toes wrapped, none of this handlepass crap. learn em i/o, off a kicker.. whatever, cause every time you do one it makes back bigs just that little bit easier.

^thats what i wish someone had told me before i spent a year trying different methods Mad
IslandSkater21
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Merritt Island & Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what helped me the most was slowin it down and focusin on the pop and the last rotation. at first i just tryed to whip it all out. It always made me land then straight to faceplant. Slow it down and land on your toes relaxed Smile worked for me
stone
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got bs biggies at the stage where I land back on the board every time. My problem is I'm landing way up on the front half of the board which usually results in me pearling. Consistency wise I ride out of 1 out of 10 on a good day, but even then I am landing way forward on the board.

I've been trying to think through what's happening and as far as I can figure is that I'm following the tail of the board around during the shuv. In other words, I'm not rotating evenly over the board, but off to the side if that makes any sense. Like my center of rotation isn't over the center of the board or my center of mass, but off to my side.

Anyway, I think it has something to do with the way I'm passing the bar, maybe not keeping it close enough. Had anyone had this problem or does anyone have any tips on helping me work through this?
likwidfolife
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: DFW

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from my experience with with back bigs, i started to get really inconsistent with them when i started trying to pass the handle before catching and landing on the board.

When i stopped trying to pass the handle while doing the trick i got them back. I guess a rule of thumb (for me atleast) would be to not pass the handle until the trick is caught and your riding away.

Another thing that helped me is before i throw the trick I pull the handle in as far as I can to that lead hip to make sure when I throw the trick I dont get yanked from the handle being too far out once the trick is landed. When I pull the handle in also shift my shoulders and headin the opposite direction and look down at the tail of my board like im preparing myself to throw into the rotation.

hope this helps
stone
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks likwidfolife! I was definitely trying to pass before riding out of the trick. I'll try keeping the bar close into my hip as well when I initiate it.
skim2live
Ollie
Ollie

City: Wesley Chapel

PostPosted: May 13, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stone, how do you normally hold and keep your handle during normal bs 180s?

likwidfolife, i use to do this with my bs biggies, but i started working on my bs 180s with my arm fully extended and now i feel like i can do them better than before.

From the sounds of it bro, it sounds like you need to practing landing blind. Once you get the feel of it, you will being doing them with ease. Focus on landing with your weight on your back foot and your body leaning over the board so your not getting pulled backwards. your arm should be at the lower part of your back, and you should be edging on your toes during land.

i hope this helps. Good luck stone!

bob.
America

City: Lake Pickett, Orlando/The Keys

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I do a back big I land wrapped, good foot placement, and when riding away I slowly fall over the tail when passing the handle... tips?

Gregeo

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob. wrote:
Every time I do a back big I land wrapped, good foot placement, and when riding away I slowly fall over the tail when passing the handle... tips?

Stop slowly falling........ Smile

Hope that helped!
bob.
America

City: Lake Pickett, Orlando/The Keys

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved my front foot about 6 inches back from where I had it before and landed it first try when I did this Very Happy

fastgreens
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: baytown

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this trick started to make sense to me last night when i began pointing the nose of the board slightly away from the wake. stuck three really clean once i figured this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: