FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

back 1's and back bigs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKWakeskator
Ollie
Ollie

City: Kalamazoo

PostPosted: Mar 22, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: back 1's and back bigs Reply with quote

So I really wanna learn this trick this summer but I think my main concern is the handle pass and looking like I'm searching for dingleberries haha any suggestions with this trick?[/b]
Sagittorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Montgomery

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna start practicing the back 1's this season im just start with surface 1's once used to the spin and handle pass I'll just pop it and throw it down....
TKWakeskator
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bruther I will be working on it
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land wrapped then surface back out straight
Frye

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO what TTUFAN24 suggested looks sloppy and forms bad habits. It also closes the door on learning any backside rotation past 180.

The thing that helped me a lot with handle passes was really concentrating on keeping the handle low and glued to my lead hip. If you can develop those muscles it makes it a lot easier to pass the handle under control in the small of your back.

The edge you use also matters a lot. Mess around with different edges. Try staying close to the wake or edge really far out, edge hard edge soft, wait a long time to initiate the trick or do it right after you stop edging. If you can dial in the edge the handle pass should be easy because you can get rid of almost all line tension with the right edge.
TKWakeskator
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All about the lead hip and edging out right ok ill work on it
Gregeo

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Frye suggested is perfect...... for awhile though practice spinning backside on the surface of the water and keeping the handle tucked in by your lead hip. Practice cutting out, flattening off and spinning on the surface of the water in different spots and notice the differences in line tension and how easy/hard it is to pass the handle around.

Once you are comfortable passing the handle, start to pass the handle a little quicker and spin backside quicker to become comfortable with the quickness of the motion..

You'll get it, it just takes time to learn to pass the handle, but once you have it, you always will Cool
TKWakeskator
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is helping out a lot I appreciate it
Jama
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought learning these would be a long, hard road, but truth be told they really aren't that bad. You'll get them pretty quickly with all this good advice, and you will have the door opened to tons of fun. They never get old, and you can always do them off or down somewhere new. Good luck man!
southpaw
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can spin backside and have no problems with the handle.

the problem i run into is when i ollie and spin backside my head gets confused and i like barely ollie and end up doing a surface back 1. i started trying them io and had better luck with actually getting the board off the water a little but i still feel retarted like im missing something. I would love to be able to ollie back 1 and stomp it not half a$$ it.

any suggestions?
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always do it fine, but rocket ship the board out in front me when i land Like all my weight on my rear foot when i land
BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw, Ollie first. Concentrate on getting your skate out of the water then rotate around. If you try to do both at the same time things as you say get halfass'd.
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just saying that is step one. Gets you used to landing blind or whatever. Not saying landing wrapped back 1 is a banger.
southpaw
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok makes sense I don't know why i cant do that though. I could land w2w back 1s on a wakeboard but never flats Ollie it was my fav trick though looks soo clean. Looks even cleaner on a wakeskate
loganhursh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw, when i first started trying the bs 180s they barley ollied or just surfaced too. i just kept doing the same thing and they started getting bigger after practice.

TKWakeskator, for backbigs i would practice on a skateboard deck on carpet just do them over and over and pretend like your passing the handle. it looks stupid but it works and gets you used to the spin. i did that last week and got two back bigs in a row first try later that day and im usually not consistent with those. i actually did that for bs 180s too
likwidfolife
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: DFW

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey southpaw

To keep yourself from getting all wound up/ disoriented with the spin on the back 1. Before you initiate the ollie and set up for the trick its good look down at your front foot/lead foot.

When spinning the rotation its good to keep your head down focused on that foot, when you land it will then be your back foot.

This helps with the weight transfer and leaning on the rope so your less likely to get yanked forward or slip out.

Btw - When I do backside 180's/Backbigs in the flats I usually land wrapped then pass the handle, In/out or wake2wake i usually pass the handle since it is a harder landing and I have more air time time to pass the handle.
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rotate fine on my ollie back 180's, but i land super heavy on what is now my rear foot. how do i fix this ?
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 23, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: