FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

getting into longboarding..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: getting into longboarding.. Reply with quote

looking at an original 40 or 43. i've been riding a little 38 sector 9 with some 65mm 75a wheels. i kind of feel like i'd like a harder wheel. what are ya'lls thoughts? mostly just wide carving on hills and some speed runs. what are ya'lls opinions. i'd get a loaded but 200$ is my limit.
LeJalapeno
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What shape were you looking at from original? I love mine, I have the hybrid.. great for the smaller hills, I'm trying to get a pintail for the bigger stuff though. I'll never ride anything other than an original again
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking at the 40 or 43 pintail. i'm only 5'7. i'm leaning towards the 43. my buddy has a 42 burleigh that is alot of fun. just for the sake of saving money i think im gonna get the 43 pintail, 70mm/75a wheels, and add the red bones bearings. ideally i'd like some 80 or 83a wheels, but i can always upgrade when they wear out. what's up with the diff. springs they have?
LeJalapeno
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue about the springs, like to test them out though. The bones blacks are worth the step up from standard reds for the few extra bucks..

Wheels arr always replaceable and you'd probably be better off buying them somewhere else if you want a better selection.

When it comes down to it, if you want a performance board I'd save your money for the apex shape.. But if you want something to surf the hills with, if get the longer pintail
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just reading on their site. black springs standard, reds medium, and white, heavy. white makes it alot stiffer and more comparable to bushing trucks it says. i'm getting a stock 43 with bones reds for sure. just need to hustle up some cash. longboarding is so fun. wish i did it years ago.
RC
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate original trucks. the spring thing is just weird to me. I'm so glad you can get original boards now with bushing trucks.

My wheels are S9 75a's and they were really grippy at first but once i wore them in, theyre perfect. not too grippy and release when i want them too. Im not getting new wheels until i bust one of these.

Btw I ride a Sector 9 38" drop deck on Indy 215's with Super Reds ("bones blacks")
I love it. Razz

mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might just get a burleigh after reading some original truck reviews. Wish I had 310$ for a loaded
LeJalapeno
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC, you hate the spring trucks? I will seriously never ride anything else again. Whether it be bombing hills or just chill carving down a parking garage.
RC
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeJalapeno, yup yup. That's not to say they're bad trucks, they just don't fit my style. My best friend has the 250m's with the red springs and i just...hate it. The board's awesome though, i just wish it was on some indys or randals..
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's a good place to order from online? as in no corporate don't really care about anything but money place. looking to build my own setup. just going to buy my buddy a new deck and take his and add my own hardware.
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a sector 9 ghost tree from my "local" skate shop. Its so much fun. Kinda freaky at times
DMoneyy
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SK 941

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the original derringer 28 and love that little guy so compact and fun!

LeJalapeno, I'm with you, i will never ride anything other than spring trucks again!

Island941Style
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: