FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Basics about wakskte, speed, how to ollie, etc...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JVR09
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Santiago, Chile

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Basics about wakskte, speed, how to ollie, etc... Reply with quote

Hey, I'm kind of new to wakeskating, I bought a LF Ipulse 42'' and ride it dor two weeks, but im from chile and im like the only one in the lake wakeskating so i don't know nothing about speed, etc...

i would like to know that, you go faster than wakeboarding? is usefull a wakeboard line? like spectra or something like that? why?

Now technical, it's easier to try tricks on the flats right? when you hit the wake to jump you have to ollie to make it higher? and how do I ollie?? any good video where I could learn how to exactly do an ollie? and the board is important to do an ollie? I mean, with an impulse 42'' its easy?
I tried the two weeks and actually did ollie but im not sure if its all right, i mean, is not too high, and i dont know if speed make it better or easier.

And my last question, what about shoes? important? or i could use any skate shoes? Ive got a DC ones cause in Chile we don't even have a wakeskate market to buy things, there like two different boards actaully and that's it (im planning to buy in a trip in a cpouple of months so read my post in GW and help me with boards) so which shoes are good? adn stylish of course haha.

Thanks everyone
ShutItDown
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: KC

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speed depends on what is comfortable to you. Id say between 20mph-25mph. Edge out into the flats and then just wait for a second then do your trick. Press the tail of the board down as hard as you can to get the max pop out of your tricks. Any skate shoes you have should be fine. I'd just stick to lighter skateboarding specific shoes. When they get wet they weight a little more.
JVR09
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Santiago, Chile

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dude, that's usefull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: