FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Sea Ray boats.....how's the wake?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockhouse
Ollie
Ollie

City: TX

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Sea Ray boats.....how's the wake? Reply with quote

There's a Sea Ray 210 boat that i'm lookin at getting. I was wondering if any of yall know what kinda wake one of these Sea Rays puts out.
I've got kids so a ski doo wont doo, but i wanna get something that has a good wake for skatin...anyone know what kinda wake they put out?
Thanks.

ZackFL(BRE)
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is there wake series (kinda) that comes with tower and ect. then the wake is very nice and the one i was in wasnt weighted.. and there very dependable boats.. go onto wakepic.com and watch greg van wagnens varial flip, that is my old old crappy sea ray not weighted but still fun wake but even funner with weight. hope that helped.

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into a building.
rockhouse
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it, thanx. I used to wakeboard but got over being strapped in. I don't really know the difference in what to look for wake wise, so i dunno if a boat thats good for wakeboarding would be good for skating.
Do skaters usually buy wakeboats if they can afford them? Or are boats like supra, tige, malibu, etc. not that good for skating?

yookyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Reno

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its preference. if your going wake to wake i put some ballast in and go for it but if im just regular riding i like a small wake i can progress with doing I/O and lip tricks. i have a wakeboat and its great to ride behind
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pretty old Sea Ray i/o. It's the best. Basically a giant seadoo in/out, with a mellow transition and a crisp lip.
rockhouse
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx guys.
warlock
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: AC

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sea Ray boats.....how's the wake? Reply with quote

rockhouse wrote:
There's a Sea Ray 210 boat that i'm lookin at getting. I was wondering if any of yall know what kinda wake one of these Sea Rays puts out.
I've got kids so a ski doo wont doo, but i wanna get something that has a good wake for skatin...anyone know what kinda wake they put out?
Thanks.

i would recommend a pass on it.. find a good inboard... you can snag a old MC or nautique for minimal amount of cash... i'd rather ride behind a pontoon boat than a sea ray.... that's just me being honest...
ZackFL(BRE)
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Feb 01, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlock, why is that? there very comfortable boats and you never have to worry about it messing up if you treat it right.. its nice being able to have 8 people all comfortable and the greatest part is there a third of the price of a wake boat. but i do agree partoon boats ftw Smash

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into a building.
rfmcrx
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Minden/haliburton

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get an older 21' i/o bowrider and wieght it down.
I have a 1989 invader 21 bowrider, and it has fiberglass tanks glassed in to the hull to hold water. we through a 10' pole in it and works great.
The wake is great behind the thing,nice crisp lip and a huge ramp style wake.
just make sure it has a deeper style vee hull.

boat1.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  162.41 KB
 Viewed:  5617 Time(s)

boat.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  105.63 KB
 Viewed:  5617 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: