FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Kiteboarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Kiteboarding Reply with quote

So I decided after a few years debate to go ahead and start learning to kiteboard. I picked it up pretty quick and am ready to get my own gear and start riding. Anyone on here kite regularly or have any experience with it at all?

I'm trying to make a decision on a setup (since they're usually around $2K, I don't want to get stuck with something that's not going to work for me) and am currently looking at the Cabrinha Switchblade. Any pros/cons from those who've used them or have friends who do?
diegowhite
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Dublin

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been kiteboarding over 2 years, I don't think you can go wrong with that kite. I'm still on my old F-One Bandits, and once you've been at it a while you can get the skate behind it Very Happy

http://vimeo.com/7326487

Just make sure you get the right kite sizes for your local wind conditions
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Dec 09, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakeskating's the plan once I get my riding dialed. I keep hearing good things about the switchblade and had a nice long conversation about it with the shop here.
They're selling all of last year's gear for cheap so I'm getting a full new setup for a good price. Stoked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: