FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

cassette wakeskates for sale!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urinal mint wrote:

those are not 2010s. not saying the guy said they were. i love cassette but if i'm going to spend $300(which i won't, ever) on a wakeskate it'll be something that's worth $300 to me. the boards break, period.

why not have at least a FEW buy it nows for some people to snag and think they got a 'good' deal'? so do you mind explaining how it's not greed? and please, stop being a fan boy... err, girl.

You're right, they aren't 2010s. So what if these were the same boards (wood bi-levels) but with "2010" graphics. Would that actually change anything? If not, then are you bitching just to beach? By the way you post, it sounds like you wouldn't have bought a bi-level even if it was a buy it now.

If you want to know why there aren't any buy it now auctions, contact him through ebay or send an e-mail. Don't beach on a message board about how greedy he is and expect change. I would personally be amazed if myles and thomas saw this cassette thing as a cash cow. Thomas was the most generous person when he had cassette anything to give away to the kids that were down. There are a ton of people on here who could give examples and support that. The bottom line is that myles is helping thomas sell what's left of the last run of bi-level wakeskates, and I for one am not going to jump to conclusions on motivating factors. It's like because these auctions aren't listed to your and others' expections, the motivation absolutely MUST be greed.

urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
urinal mint wrote:

those are not 2010s. not saying the guy said they were. i love cassette but if i'm going to spend $300(which i won't, ever) on a wakeskate it'll be something that's worth $300 to me. the boards break, period.

why not have at least a FEW buy it nows for some people to snag and think they got a 'good' deal'? so do you mind explaining how it's not greed? and please, stop being a fan boy... err, girl.

You're right, they aren't 2010s. So what if these were the same boards (wood bi-levels) but with "2010" graphics. Would that actually change anything? If not, then are you bitching just to beach? By the way you post, it sounds like you wouldn't have bought a bi-level even if it was a buy it now.

If you want to know why there aren't any buy it now auctions, contact him through ebay or send an e-mail. Don't beach on a message board about how greedy he is and expect change. I would personally be amazed if myles and thomas saw this cassette thing as a cash cow. Thomas was the most generous person when he had cassette anything to give away to the kids that were down. There are a ton of people on here who could give examples and support that. The bottom line is that myles is helping thomas sell what's left of the last run of bi-level wakeskates, and I for one am not going to jump to conclusions on motivating factors. It's like because these auctions aren't listed to your and others' expections, the motivation absolutely MUST be greed.

i stated an opinion. you can probably ignore my posts if it's that disappointing to you. where did i say i expect the auctions to adhere to my specifications??? i simply stated my opinion, period. i think a few 'buy it now' options would have been great and perhaps i may have picked one up because i've always wanted one. unfortunately i have a lot more things that take priority when it comes to $300.

sorry for posting my thoughts on a message forum. not really sure what the hell i was thinking.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can state an opinion. I've stated an opinion that goes against yours. Ultimately, I don't care if you buy a bi-level or not. I actually think it's really funny that you say that you won't spend 300.00 on a wakeskate, but might have bought one as a "buy it now" option, even though most of those decks likely won't go above 300.00. I guess it's that "buy it now" option that would have really sealed the deal.

I was more pissed off that people assumed that because these auctions weren't "buy it now" auctions, that myles was trying to milk it and was "greedy." I think greed is a shiznackle word to use to describe someone's motivation or character, especially when it's just a conclusion that was jumped to.

but this is all just me being a "fan girl" so it's lame anyway, blah blah blah.

urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, i would love to spend money on a cassette and at least ride one before they become non-existent but can't justify that on something that will break. i'm going to reserve this post just in case these boards go for well over $300. why wouldn't they? used ones do. you only think there's 15 people that would kill for a new cassette bi-level?
burn
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: armpit of tx

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calm down you two. Laughing
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you think there are only 15 wakeskates?
caprice150
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha didn't know it would turn into this. i am personally stoked that these are on ebay, i've been checking for cassettes on ebay for probably over a year and to see that many at one time is like seeing a bike with some sweet ass pegs on it first thing christmas morning Cool

i kinda like where you're going with these ambigious comments esnow... that would be sick if theres more than these 15 because i'd definitely like to pick one up around 3 hundo.

is the graphic really the only difference between 2005 and 2006? because i recently had an offer for an 05 and will probably take that if the 06's aren't made more durable or something like that.

Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
why do you think there are only 15 wakeskates?

interesting. i'm getting off my high horse and pushing my sword in. i really want one of these but just can't justify spending that much on one. i threw a fit spending $350 on my lf groove and ronix reliks last week and it was all brand new Laughing

i'm just so broke i can't even pay attention Exclamation

and fwiw, i'll take back my comment about greed. i suppose i'm just bitter i can't get one within my grasp. i actually might be running into some cash if i get my yukon sold this week as someone is interested.

<3

Last edited by urinal mint on Oct 13, 2009 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RC
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urinal mint wrote:
i threw a fit spending $350 on my lf groove and ronix reliks last week and it was all brand new Laughing

Yay, someone else that wakeboards. Hows that groove?

urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC, i'll pm you as i'm not going to hijack a thread:P
wakeshredder
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kansas City

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just paid for my 42"... I couldn't be more stoked. Finally, I'll be able to shred on what, in my opinion, is the only board that really rides like a skateboard. I own an 05 Reed in mint condition that I can't bring myself to ride. Not so with this new board that is coming. Smash
urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got one coming too but not from ebay Very Happy Very Happy
wakeshredder
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urinal mint, do tell. direct?
urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeshredder, i do vinyl/decal(thread in classifieds go check it out) and am doing a decent amount of decal work for a member here who traded me a 42" cassette bi mint.

LMK if you need something Cool
wakeshredder
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urinal mint, Small world. I manage a large-format print shop. We also create full color banners and decals. We utilize solvent, aqueous, UV-flatbed and even HP latex printing technologies. I have decaled quite a few skates using 3M Controltac and overlaminate. If you need help, I also extend my offer... PS> Good trade... Very Happy
miller
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Regina

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urinal mint, I didn't know you trade goods (boards)for service
http://harfangsnowskates.com/
http://www.thrashdad.com/

Last edited by miller on Oct 15, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miller, haha i didn't know i did either! i just threw it out there and he saw my post on previous pages in this thread and offerened. LMK how you like your vinyl and please give me feedback on where you put them. i know they won't last long on the bottom of a snowboard but should last quite a while anywhere else.

wakeshredder, i'm slowly venturing off into things like that. i will probably have questions soon. thanks<3
chrisd
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urinal Mint

So we are supposed to be all in "AWE" that you got one for trade for some "discounted price" after you bagged on the price, auction status, and intentions of the person holding the auction? You talk all that shizzle just to say days later "I got one coming blah blah, for blah blah.......

Don't you have anything better to do? The people who have a real opinion layed out the deal for these skates. Just like Mitch said, "its good that you guys that are complaining arent buying them because they deserve to go to people that know what they are getting and will enjoy it."

Talk about acting like ZackFL(BRE) and =AlexXx=- at the same time!!!!!!!!

Lame!
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever it's worth, urinal mint apologized in a private message and sentiments were relayed.
ZackFL(BRE)
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisd, Laughing perfect example.

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into a building.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Add To Favorites

Jump to: