FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Integrity Wakeskate Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris did you sand it more after we did it at the houseboat?
ollieshuvitz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: east bay area

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I sanded everything but the nose and tail. Just made it slightly rounder. Oh, I used REAL sand paper (220). Not that "sand-duct-tape" stuff. lol Laughing
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byronnash i'm 220 and it goes wake 2 wake fine.
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electricsnow, I had a thought.. Rider weight could be a factor in how the board handles. Since there's a different buoyancy than wood, the board could be a little more 'fiesty' than wood board of the same dimensions. A lot of the folks here who ride them are in the upper 100's, which probably makes it a lot more 'passive'. If you're a bit lighter it could be a different story. Kind of like snowboards I suppose.

I haven't even been able to ride mine yet because of the shiesty weather this past week. Maybe I'll stop pretending to know what I'm talking about until then.

Backside 180
Backside 180

City: :Riding Location --San Zhi Resort--

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Barousse wrote:
By cheating, you meant that the reivew was good because I was excited about my own riding??

No-no, I'm sure that your review isn't "ego biased". I wrote "cheating" because every Integrity owner says that this board makes tricks a lot lot easier.

And for your back problems... I can feel your pain! Because of a sciatica, I've only ridden 8 times this year and autumn is coming... Sad Anyway, I figured out that the worst thing for my back is driving the boat, cause I have that bad habit to spin my body to watch the rider.
I just don't trust my rear glass. Laughing
_
The Pavement 3.6
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Eustis

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have really bad back pains sometimes when i ride and im only 14 but if you just hug 20 pounds of weight to your chest and twist your torso around, while slightly bent over with legs spred, both ways a couple of times th enight or morning before you go riding that always helps a lot i do that before soccer games to.
satori*
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: boca raton

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Barousse, i think i get more pop with fins.

and since i dont have a problem getting them to release to do a trick i like to ride with them more. i also have no problem riding without fins, aside from less pop, making everything feel like a surface trick.

Budda
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Austin

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sliding out while cutting in or out but it comes stock w/quick edges. If you want to change it you can, thats the great thing. If you are lighter it will ride differently than if you are heavier. Same as any 41" board, it will not sit as deep.

The board is hands down the best I have ridden and I have been riding it w/fins and have not touched the edges. W/the fins you can break it loose anytime but it still tracks great. I might round out the section between my feet a little but can do everything better the it is.

On the weight of the board, Eric made it that weight on purpose. You can make them too light. Its lighter than my old board but in a great way and I have ridden in 15 mph winds.

Its an advanced board b/c it doesnt come stock in a middle ground mode. If its too quick, just sand it down. Options are a gooooood thing!
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El, you could totally be right on that one. For starters, the integrity is lighter and more bouyant than my cassette, so It's very possible that weight could be a factor (I am significantly lighter than most of the schralpatronic dudes on here).

And you really weren't speaking beyond your experience. You were basically right on about the edge rounding thing. And you know, it took me awhile before I could break my deck in too...it was killing me. Have fun when you do ride it.

SEAMAN
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa whoa whoa,
hold on a minute sister.......
buoyancy? irrelevant!
there is no buoyancy at 22mph (loose statement)
its all about the flow

SEAMAN
RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's all about the flow is right
BE LIKE WATER, FLOW MY FRIEND
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you say...
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally took my Integrity out today and was nothing short of amazed. I like how it sits a little more "on" the water as opposed to in "it". It feels almost finless even with fins, but dug into turns when I got the edge set.

Slashes, slides and ollies on the wake feel awesome, and ollies in and out of slides took a lot less effort. Wake to wakes were my favorite though. With the usual distance I went out to cut, I cleared way the hell into the flats. So I mellowed it out a bit and later in the day learned legitimate frontside grabs (or indys if you please). The only thing I need to work out are shove its.. It doesn't spin the same and liked to slip out. But I kind of gave up on those because I was having fun doing other stuff.

So effin sick..

Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mine on tuesday and rode it all week. I havent been wakeskating very long, but as soon as popped an ollie it felt so much easier and higher than other wood decks ive ridden. As far as slipping out, a few guys who rode it noticed that about mine. When we were out that day it was pretty rough though, so that was most likely the problem. The heavier wood decks seemed to stomp the chop a little better. Im used to finless decks so It wasnt a problem for me as far as sliding out, i didnt notice the slipperyness. I think next time its rough out I'll just put the fins on and see how it works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rob wharton
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Tallahassee

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, I totally agree. I liked the way it ollied onto the lip, wake tricks were a lot cleaner with my feet sitting in thge pre-kick spots, but I love doing shuvits and 3 shuvs (trying to at least), and I felt exactly the same way, that the board spun weird and slipped out a lot when it would land.

"Chinese girls, Chinese girls, Chinese girls, Chloe, Chinese girls, Japan, cassette, cassette, cassette, DVS, cassette, my hair, cassette"
daniel
Back Big

City: Duncan

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to be able to buy integrity boards anywhere else? shipping is so expensive!!!
Schmaltz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: San Jose

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just what UPS charges... Also you don't pay tax when you buy it from us on-line so that helps saves money.
Next year our skates will be available in select stores as we are slowly expanding out to more and more dealers.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, UPS can stink like that (especially if you live in rural areas). I don't know if the dealer was being a sheister or what, but very recently I saw that (on ebay) shipping for a skurfer was like 50.00...ridiculous. But you know, that's life. Basically, I've found that if you want something bad enough, you'll pay the shipping Very Happy
s34n
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess i can prove that after paying $35 shipping and another $115 for duties and taxes once it went over the border... it was worth it though! and Schmaltz, a bunch of us went and did a board demo day with www.stokecity.ca so they should have a review/article about Integrity and a bunch of other decks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tribal
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: whistler/pemberton

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmaltz can you send through the mail[USPS] to Canada?This saves on the couriers border extortion fee's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: