FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Integrity Wakeskate Review
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Integrity Wakeskate Review Reply with quote

Wakeskating.com took a closer look at the new wakeskate by Integrity Wake to see what the buzz was about. We put the Integrity skate to the test and was very impressed with the results.

Read more...
Paul
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: :Riding Location --San Zhi Resort--

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you land your kickflip with that board..?
That's cheating... Laughing

_
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
Yes, I did. In the two weeks that I have spent reviewing the Integrity skate, my riding has elevated to a whole new level. I think the board played a role in that, but I also have spent more time on the water in the last two weeks than I have in two seasons, so that had a lot to do with it.

On the flip side, my very first time out riding my Integrity skate, I pulled a muscle in my back the first time I fell. From that point on, I have been living with a very aggrivating (and painful at times) pain in my lower back.

By cheating, you meant that the reivew was good because I was excited about my own riding??
rob wharton
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Tallahassee

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask you something, did you ride it with fins?? And everyone else who rides an Integrity, fins or no fins??

"Chinese girls, Chinese girls, Chinese girls, Chloe, Chinese girls, Japan, cassette, cassette, cassette, DVS, cassette, my hair, cassette"
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Let me ask you something, did you ride it with fins?? And everyone else who rides an Integrity, fins or no fins??

That is the one thing I did not do, ride with fins. I probably should have, but from my experience on the board, I can speculate that fins would only make it track better and you would lose that loose feeling. I don't think fins would affect the pop any or anthing else like that.
byronnash
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, how did it handle wake jumps and landings? I think you and I may be around the same weight, I'm ~190lbs. I love the look of the Integrity, but am a little concerned that it might not have enough surface area for us "heavier" folks doing wake-to-wake tricks. Most people who wakeskate are lightweights and the boards keep getting smaller every season.
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

but am a little concerned that it might not have enough surface area for us "heavier" folks doing wake-to-wake tricks

I meant to add that in there, but I must have forgot to mention it. I will add it in, but to answer your question, the board has plenty of surface aread. My size 13's fit on there with no problems. The pre-kick concave adds a little extra "grip" if that is what you want to call it. It is bascially a small groove that your feet rest in nicely. Taller riders can really take advantage of them because you can ride with your feet all the way out.

To sum this up, the size of the board is not an issue for me and I am 6'3" and weigh about 190. The Integrity is currently my primary board.
byronnash
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks Dave.

Another thing. I think it's OK to re-shape the rails according to the warranty. I remember Erich saying something about it in a post. It's in the warranty but a worded kinda weird.

RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, nice review.

Let me say that the board still has a loose feel with the integrity fins.
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Barousse,

Do some stretches before your next run. I had the same problem before.
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the board is still quite loose even with the fins. its by far the loosest, finned board out there.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with scott in that it's definitely a loose board (even with fins). I think that's because it sits higher in the water, because it even has that channel, where as my cassette just had a single fin (but it tracks better). I found myself washing out every now and then, and when I wasn't landing my tricks, I basically became overzealous and aggressive, and cartwheeled my ass all over the place. I would have thrown my board but there wasn't anything to throw it at. And I was also a guest, so I would have looked like a jerk...

I do have to say that in my opinion, it doesn't sit in the water like wood does. Someone told me that the differences between wood and composite would be negligible when riding, but from my experience, that's just not true.

But I think the benefits from this deck will come in the long run (if you can get used to riding it). The design is nice and it's durable, so...eat some puddin'...

el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electric, you sound like you could use some edge rounding..
cassette

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you round your edges?
Schmaltz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: San Jose

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electric...
It's all edge shape has nothing to do with wood or composite(as far as edging goes)... you could round the edges to look like your cassette (if you wanted)... That will slow the deck down for you. Thats the beauty of the re-shapable rail. An agressive edge isn't for everyone.
If wood decks had a sharper edge it would edge simular and more than likely splinter (thats why they are rounder)... The reason wood feels different is because it's a denser material it has less energy in it and on the "water" it's just a different feeling (some like some don't). wood is snappy off of solid surfaces like cement (talking 7 ply skate board) Water Gives... Composites have energy if you hit the board with your fist and hold it in the other you can feel and hear it vibrate ... wood just thuds out. Composites land different and pop differently they allow a certain amount of load and release which plays well with water...
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sure you're right about the wood-snap thing (hence the design of the bi-level).

Before I try and round the edges, I'll probably ride it more. I've only taken it out twice (finally) and I've heard that it can take some getting used to. I was just upset that I drove x-number of miles and paid x-number of dollars to ride like crap...you know, just a bad day I guess. It's just completely different from what I'm used to.

And it's not really the speed of the board as it is the tracking, but I think the two (rail shape and speed) go hand in hand.

Schmaltz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: San Jose

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just what feels beter for the induvidual. it's mostly performance and some mental... i think anyway. like in skatboarding some ride with loose trucks other ride them tight. Me i can't even deal with tight trucks unless i'm down hilling.

When i ride i have to drive 7 hours there 7 hours back almost 1000 miles total so when i ride crappy it really sucks ... i'm moving soon so it won't be such an epic journey.
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is my style of riding, but I don't understand the need for so much tracking? Do you guys slide out onto your butt when cutting out? Are you washing out when cutting into the wake or when you land a trick? That sounds more like riding technique to me rather than board design? Please explain more.
ollieshuvitz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: east bay area

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I couldn't get used to the feel after riding water-logged wood boards for so long. Later, I sanded out the edges and now I love it. Although it doesn't ride the same as a wood board, it's a lot similar with the edges rounded down a little.

Schmaltz
, where are you moving to?

Iwksk8
Ollie
Ollie

City: New Port Richey

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the fins on the Integrity board it still releases very easily from the water. I like the fins. My 04 scape board with fins is very difficult to release from the water compared to the Integrity with fins.

schmaltz, 1000 miles?? Now that is dedication to the sport!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: