FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

quittin wakeboarding to wakeskate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: quittin wakeboarding to wakeskate Reply with quote

im thinkin about dropping wakeboarding and wakeskating all the time. this doesnt sound like that big of a deal, but every time i go to o-dub or on a nice boat with a big wake i wanna skate but everyone else is wakeboarding and i get put down for it. and today my friend calls me up to ride and so i go over there and i didnt bring my board i just brought my skate and when i got there he was like " im not pullin you wakeskatin. we wakeboard on this boat, dont come up here with a wakeskate" im sick of that sh_t. now that i can actually lay down some good tricks on the skate, i think its right to put the wakeboard in the shed so to speak... any comments or advice on what to do? im very self-conflicted
Island Rat

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to get to wakeboard like once every two weeks, but lately i havent wakeboarded since june til the tower lake comp. i wakeskate almost everyday now
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vicksburg

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

che blanc, it sounds like your friends are just being cornholes. if they won't let u skate then chickity china the chinese chicken them. find someone else to ride with.

haha, the edit for @$$holes is cornholes. Laughing

Last edited by wcwakeskater on Aug 15, 2004 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped wakeboarding, it got to where i just couldn't ride a wakeboard anymore. My wakeboard is sitting in my closet collecting dust. I wakeskate at least 2 times a week. At first I took some crap from my dad when i was first starting out, but now that I'm doing tricks, he'd rather watch me wakeskate.

And that guy was an jerk. "We wakeboard on this boat". That's some ol bulljive right there. Eh I say just take your wakeskate up there and keep throwing down the shizzle you're doing, get him to try it.

Heh, I just remembered something.. you think your situation is bad? I'm the only one within about 30 mins that wakeskates, i took crap from some guy who does nothing but two ski and kneeboard. Even the guy that was heading the camp didn't like it, he said "You have to start at rock bottom wakeskating" but he'll teach a kid how to slalom or wakeboard in a second.
wakesk8r9610
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pretty much dropped it. i wakeboard every once in a while but i only mess around for like 5 minuetes.
rukusrider103
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never wakeboarded before
wcwakeskater
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vicksburg

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never wakeboarded before either. i can only ollie on a skateboard, never really do it much.
stompin9s
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vail - CO

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphine, yeah when i started wakeskating my dad would get pissed cause i would fall trying shuvits and stuff...then i rode all summer w/o him pulling me and he recently saw me ride and he was like "wow i guess all that stupid stuff u were trying really is possible." or something n/m this shizzle im alittle drizzle
nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphine, i got him to wakeskate one day on my jet ski when his boat was broken and his first day he got shuvits, ollie 180, ollie bs 180, front lip 270 shuv out and 360 shuvits (which pissed me off cuz it took so long for me to be able to do them all) while we were riding you could tell he was having so much fun and hed get exited whenever hed land a new trick, but after that he went back to the same old act "wakeskatings gay" so i sed chickity china the chinese chicken it and went to the beach found a couple of my friends that skimboard good and took them out and taught them to wakeskate so now we ride like 4-5 times a week
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only wakeboard when it is too choppy or there are a lot of girls in the boat. i still do like to wakeboard though, just never do it.
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wakeboard more than I wakeskate just because I can W2W on my wakeboard and I can't ever do it on my skate, I suck at cutting. I love to skate though, I like them both the same, they both take a shitload of talent.

rob wharton
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Tallahassee

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wakeboard anymore either. What happened to you with your friend is why I talk so much about the need for wakeskating to separate before it gets any respect. It's funny that Ryan Lemons never wakeboarded before but according to KENTO, the best wakeskaters were once wakeboarders.

"Chinese girls, Chinese girls, Chinese girls, Chloe, Chinese girls, Japan, cassette, cassette, cassette, DVS, cassette, my hair, cassette"
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i waked boared just about all summer, and we borrowed this kids wakeskate one day, and i did a shuv it on it, i was addicted every since then i havnt wakeboarded and been wakeskating atleast 2-3 times a week! I skateboard alot, so i think thats y i like wakeskateing as much as i do, i think i can w2w on my wakeskate better then on my wakeboard lol
nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friends tite until it comes to boardin and skatin then its all hell about how im a sellout or sumthin
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll quote a sig from these boards:

friends don't let friends wear bindings Very Happy

quited wakeboarding a year ago, the day I started wakeskating Laughing

Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never wakeboarded much but as soon as i tried wakeskating i only have ridden a wakeboard twice since then, one of which cuz we didnt have a wakeskate with us. then i bought one and now thats all i do.
wakeriderof87
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: cen fla

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i'm pretty much done wakeboarding, when i wakeboard I have fun, but i'm just like i'd rather be wakeboarding. i think the only time i wakeboarded this summer was when i forgot my shoes, and i tried it one time at owc.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekkie wrote:
I'll quote a sig from these boards:

friends don't let friends wear bindings Very Happy

thats a very good quote! Shocked
The Pavement 3.6
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Eustis

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dropped it cause the only fun thing to do on my outboard is skate or hit d-ups cuz we dont have a monster wake. plus it was a killer on my shins and with soccer and trck starting its not all that great for performance.
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kid on my lake with the rail was there today and i asked him to put it out and once again he was like nahh dude, he sucks at wakeboarding and he alone makes me hate wakeboarding....hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: