FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

landings on my shuv its

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: landings on my shuv its Reply with quote

Ok so all sunday i was trying to finally get my shuv its down to where i can land them consistently. Every attempt id spin the board nicely, come back down with my feet in nice position and be unable to ride away, usually id ride for just a second or 2 and then the board would basically go forward from me....does this make any sense to anyone as to why this is happening, my dad said sometimes id land in like a squat if that means anything...help me ccuz im so frustrated that i can basically do the entire trick well and just cant ride away.
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my guess..

You gota be confident your going to land that. "landing in a squating position" that to me shows that you feel like your not going to land it, so your basically falling before you even land the move. Be confident, keep your body over the board, and dont try and stomp down real hard, just land it and ride away happily ever after.
eighteenvisions
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tip to stomp your tricks clean is to keep your shoulders over the board, but still kick it out. think of it as the bottom half of your body leaning more back to keep the board in front of you, and the top half of your body staying over to land clean. its not that literal but once you get it it really helps. it works on pretty much every trick, especially kickflips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: