FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

floating rails

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: floating rails Reply with quote

basically i wanna do is buy a 16' section of that faux (im fancy) decking material and float it on the water, not too high cuz i cant ollie but a foot...anyways what can i use to float it that wont sink when i get on it?
JankyZep
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might take a little more effort but if you do a rail that is wide at the bottom for some barrels then at the top it would come to a point so it would look like a triangle looking at in straight down it. then at the top put the decking stuff on it, fill the barrels up with water to the float a little lower so the decking part is low as you want.
Slyder
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Punta Gorda/Tallahassee

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just built a rail by using 2X4's and plywood to make basically a deck. It's 15' long and about 4' wide. I was thinking about getting some pvc pipe and capping off the ends to make a sort of mini pontoon boat type thing. (That might be kind of expensive but I managed to score some free pvc) I figure that if I put two decent sized pipes on either side and two in the middle it should float and be pretty stable, i'll tell you how it goes. I'm not sure what kind of materials you're using to build this with but i hope i helped somewhat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Rails All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: