FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Tim knonovich (spellig) no longer cassette team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mullet Jerk
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Mansfield

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas I guess had the idea of Cassette wakeskates and at the time Cassette and Liquid Force were partner companies...so pretty much practicly the same...and like what Jeremey said Thomas who prolly created the designs then LF used them and then tried to take all the credit and Thomas didnt like that so they split and now Cassette is its own deal...and it is shotty that LF did that but you guys just hate way too much like yall are "Fashion-Core" wakeskaters and your brand is all that matters when in reality no one gives a crap wether or not you think LF is gay and Kampus is gay once you become a pro and have a decision to go where you can be #1 on a team and not #3 or whatever maybe you will see why he did that it was prollyin his best intrest to choose LF.
Jeremy Coe
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Auckland

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet Jerk, you make a point with the pro issue...but I think Kovacich would have got way more coverage with cassette, as they are an all wakeskate company. Look if he had his reasons, he had his reasons. Fair enough.

Your first sentence...Im not really sure how to interpret it but you know Cassette was formed like 3 years (at least) before the had the promotion/distribution agreement with LF right? Im guessing you do and Im interpreting it wrong. HOWEVER, its not being "fashion-core" to stick up for and support a company that has been there since the beginning trying to develop a product and a sport, and quite rightly earning some money in the process. Thats not being "core", its more a desire to see progression in the sport and making decisions based on this.
Josh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Melbourne, OZ

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'core' huh... Why use labels?

Anyway, I'll bet LF offered Kovacich a great deal, as well as input on future board design and a pro model. Possibly more than he could get with Cassette. I don't hold it against him. It would have been nice if he had of stayed with Cassette, but board design and pro model are very nice things for a wakeskater to have.

Remember, I'm just saying this is a possibility, don't take it as fact.

Integrity
SideSwipe Productions
Wake Euphoria
Mullet Jerk
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jeremey you and I are pretty much on the same page but there are plenty "fashion-core" guys on this forum and I think it is weird that you relly dont see that but oh well they are still young and worried about being cool...and read this article its kinda where I get my fuel from because I knew LF and Cassette had a connection but it was all word of mouth this is an article of what went on.... http://www.alliancewake.com/whatsup/whatsup_article.aspx?id=14 ....I hope you get where I got my ideas from because it all makes sense to me Wink
Jeremy Coe
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article is dated wrong...but anyway, if you were on these forums when thomas, erich schmaltz and don wallace all had something to say I think you would see there was a fair amount of animosity. It is also visible on the cassette website in the scrolling news section.
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You read some posts on a discussion board so now you know what really happened? Yeah right. Who do you think created the CAD drawings, Thomas?
Josh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet Jerk, feel free to name names...

BillJ, The discussion on the forums weren a lot more entertaining than LF's bullsh*t press releases, I know that much.

Integrity
SideSwipe Productions
Wake Euphoria
Jeremy Coe
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillJ, Bang Head I just dont know where to start after reading your post. I have no idea if thomas can do CAD drawings....that has NOTHING to do with it! Do you think Cassette had no designer before LF?? Think about it. I'm sure Thomas doesnt press the boards himself, but what difference does that make???

If Thomas and Don both came on here, then it means my info came from the horses mouth...where did yours come from?? I give up...believe what you want.
byronnash
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Coe, I didn't imply that what I said about LF getting OEM boards from Cassette was a fact, just a possibility.

Seriously everyone, this is not the kind of thing that is worth getting upset about. I for one am not wasting any time defending or trashing a company that I have no relationship with other than a consumer.
Mullet Jerk
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Mullet Jerk, feel free to name names...

Like who??

Jeremey you seem to know a lot about everything...what do you do??

greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya jeremey even knew about the keyboard question and the seashell question, i think hell end up being right on this one too.
Rob
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Stockholm/Sweden

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Jeremy! I wouldn't buy a 2004 LF board when you can get a 2003 cassette on sale! Same boards, different (read ugly!) graphics.... LF is one step behind! Regarding Tim Kovacich, who wouldn't be a nr 1 wakeskater for a wakeboard/wakeskate company and have a chance to contribute...? The Cassette 2004 line is one step beyond!
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy, unfortunately I don't think you can go back and read what Don and Thomas wrote, but their posts were about who created the concave design. It had nothing to do with whether or not LF had rights to the designs. And my original post pointed out that you were, and still are, wrong about LF stealing the designs. They have the right to the designs because of the past relationship with Cassette and Thomas.

Maybe Thomas will post again and clear that up. If not maybe I can ask him about it this weekend in Orlando.

Last edited by BillJ on Oct 01, 2003 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Coe
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, är det robban eller? Fy fan vad LF skates suger eller hur?! Smile
Jeremy Coe
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillJ, Yes their posts were about the concave design and so forth...but it was also interesting to hear what Erich said about the whole LF thing as well.

Whether they literally STOLE them or not makes no difference. They are still imitations, and LF has a design team...maybe they should use it.
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LF will have their own skate designs soon. But the exact point is whether or not they stole the Cassette designs, as you claimed. You may think it sucks that they used the Cassette designs, but they didn't steal them.

Personally I think Cassette will be one step behind as long as they continue to use wood. From what I've seen Mutiny is leading the pack when it comes to really innovating new designs and materials.

wakeboring
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Polk

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing pops like wood.
Yuri
Raley

City: orlando

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboring actually your wrong theres alot of other materials that can pop better or just the same!
Josh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wood has a certain feel, you can't deny that.

What I like about what mutiny is currently doing, is that they are trying to retain the advantages of wood - it's snappy feel-, whilst thinking outside the box to get rid of the disadvantages - wood + water can make for problems. Mutiny's are made to last for 2 seasons of abuse.

What Hype is doing is making small wakeboards. Compression molded foam. There is something about that that I don't like.

Kampus is pushing shapes in their own direction and that's really cool. Different things are good.

Meanwhile, LF and 484 are following... I'm interested in what they'll be doing next year, especially LF - if their boards aren't different I will have lost all faith in that company - especially Don Wallace.

I really think that composite is the way to go.

Integrity
SideSwipe Productions
Wake Euphoria
wakeriderof87
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: cen fla

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me whether they legally stole them not is irrelevant. I think they weren't boards that were designed for lf use, they were designed for cassette.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: