FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

is Snap good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parky

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: is Snap good? Reply with quote

is snap good does it really help cuz i want it but if it sucks i wanna know from u guys
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say its a good movie but like most tricks on a wakeskate you can just figure out. a shovit or a body varial or something isnt like a blind offaxis 5 or something, just go do it, get sufmato it sounds way way sweeter
Mullet Jerk
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Mansfield

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but greg sfumato and snap are two diffrent kinds of movies..I think he wants snap for the how-to not for entertainment...and yeah I think snap is a good movie it helped me a lot but it also kinda makes you think you can just go out and rip it up like the pros and it doesnt really work like that Laughing plus it made me laugh a lot Grubb and Reed are hilarious
Jeremy Coe
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Auckland

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet Jerk, I sort of agree with what greg says though...I havent seen snap, and im sure its really helpful, but what greg is saying is that its sort of hard how to teach someone how to do a kickflip....its more a feel thing..whereas with for example a hs fs 5 on a wakeboard you can get a lot of tips like edge tech, rope and handle position, staying on axis etc...about all that you can describe with wakeskating is foot position.
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just get both of them, burn them, and send me a copy Laughing ill tell you which is better dont worrie
Mullet Jerk
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Coe wrote:
you can get a lot of tips like edge tech, rope and handle position, staying on axis etc...about all that you can describe with wakeskating is foot position.
not really you get the same stuff with snap its more like handle position, handle holding techniques, body position, ect.... its not as simple as you may think and thoes things are what helped me progress most. If you have not seen it here is how it goes...it is broken up into chapters beginner, wake to wake, lip tricks, and rails and ramps... you are suppost to progress in the chapters then move on. It actually helps a lot more than you would think...watch it before you tell people how you THINK it is. (not trying to be negative) I am getting Sfumato on Wed I will tell you how they stack up when i get it Laughing
Mullet Jerk
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah it also gives you tons of variations on pretty much every trick
Jeremy Coe
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Auckland

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet Jerk, as I stated, I wasn't offering a review on Snap. Its not a matter of how I think it is. I have no idea what its like. But what I do know is that its damn difficult to teach someone how to skateboard...sure you can tell them how to place their feet, body position etc, but its not that easy for example to INSTRUCT someone how to slide your front foot up and out on a kickflip and keep the board under you then catch the board with your feet and land and ride away...its a feel thing, where you have to do it a fair few times before you will get a trick, and then many more to get it consistent.

In future, please read, digest and consider what I have to say before telling basically saying that I am spouting crap (not trying to be negative).

As said before, I am sure Snap is really helpful. I certainly would like to see it.
hypo
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is snap any good?

I think its a must own dvd for any wakeskater. If it doesn't teach you anything, it will at least give you a progression to try things at. It is a very well done video. Before you go out, pop it in and figure which trick your going to try next. Also, the extra videos are very nice.
UdBhotrinthefire
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: seattle

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes snap is great. good dvd. must have.
takticwakesk8
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snap is great, you can learn alot of tecnique from it, plus the bonus sections are sweet.
wcwakeskater
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vicksburg

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love snap, i watch the bonus sections all the time Crazy Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: