FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Wakeskating Game Tournament - Lets Play!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enkindels22,
Sorry you missed out, but we did it this way for a reason. A whole bunch of people knew to register, so apparently the instructions were clear. If the developer of the game decides to put it online when the tournament is over, you can play it then. For now, it is reserved for the people that registered.

And coming on this forum barking orders surely won't help.
Josh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Melbourne, OZ

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I've tried and tried, but the controls only seem to register about 30% of the time.

Tap J, tap A, tap K, nothing... Tap J, tap A, tap K, nothing... Tap J, tap A, tap K, Kickflip! Tap J, tap A, tap K, nothing...

What am I doing wrong here?

Integrity
SideSwipe Productions
Wake Euphoria
philontro
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have the same problem Josh, anyone have any help?
Also, how to do lip tricks?

Also, what are some big tricks (over 600 pnts)?
liquidKooka69
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Manila, Philippines

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you tap J, then A, then K, do you release the previous button? You tap J, release it, tap A, release it, and tap K. That's how it goes, you don't press them together.
livewirelp
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI people, I am chunter. Again, great game liquidKooka69! I do believe I'm coming down with carpal tunnel though... lol
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is mrf363
philontro
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidkooka69, yeah....that doesn't work at all. i wait till J is released then press A then wait then K. Nothing.

This is a major problem that I think should have delayed the release of this game. Sorry to say that, but it's true. It's a very very sweet game, but how can you play when it registers not even half the time? For me, and I'm sure at least half of the people playing, it's pure luck when they pull off a nice trick. Only a handful ahve over 20,000 points, so there is a trick or something just on hitting the keys and they have figured it out. Not even to mention start with the lip trick feature.

Sorry to knock the game so harsh as people will say. It's really a disappointment when you have to get lucky to pull a trick. Everything besides that is awesome for this game. It's just something that should have been taken care of before the release. After the tourney I hope this gets fixs, then this game will be very remarkable.

If there is a trick to pull tricks 100% of the times you hit the sequence, what is it? I tried the wait till it is released, that didn't work. I tried everything that other games have offered, nothing.
Great game, except for this problem.
liquidKooka69
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperfries, dude, the controls are just the same with the old version of the game, and most of them got it. I purposely made the controls that way because I didn't want it to be a very easy game.

When I first released the game, a lot of them we're complaining but later on they started picking up, it's not pure luck at all. Just practice man, you'll get it. It IS fairly easy to get the timing of the tricks once you start nailing some. When you tap J, A, K they respond quickly, and you tap them fast, there's not much waiting period. There might be other issues , like keyboard problems or something I'm not aware about. Most of the people who've played the game don't have problems with it after a while.

But hell, Let me get to work on a visual tutorial to help you guys who don't get it. I'll post the link when it's ready...

KirbyJosh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: bithlo.....thats right.....bithlo

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any other secret tricks beside the bigspin and sex change?
philontro
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidkooka69, if this truely is how it is intend, then wow! It's nothing about timing (the way I since it), I've tried every method of waiting and nothing has worked. I know other people are having this problem to, I've tried on other PC's....nothing. I wait a quarter of a second inbetween each button, nothing. Everything more and less than that also. I try right after, nothing. It's just luck so it seems....though you say it isn't.

Also, a visual tutorial would be awesome. If you get that up, props. I'm glad you are continuing to help also. Oh yeah, in the tutorial make sure you add lip tricks. They are pretty damn hard. I've tried everything and it's not working.

I never played the first version so I didn't get to learn the controls and the right way to press the sequences. Good luck with the visual tutorial.
BTW- For people how think I'm a jackass for ripping the game apart, it's not like that. I've played many games, I've programmed some games as well, so I know the interior as well. I just wish this game was made a tad better, and hopefully helping the maker/s for the feature. And I also know that countless others are having the same problem as me, so it goes beyond me.
liquidKooka69
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperfries, sorry man, have to disagree with you about the luck part. If it is luck, then explain to me why other players can get it, because they're lucky!? But nevermind, we'll just go in circles...

The tutorial, I hope, will show you the correct way of doing the tricks. I'll have it up by tomorrow night.

If other players want controls converted ala Tony Hawk, sorry boys, not in this game.

The Pavement 3.6
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Eustis

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidKooka69, can you explain how every one is getting +20,000 scores cause i do sex change in fs boardslide to bs bigspin out the whole run and only get about 15,000.
liquidKooka69
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pavement 3.6,
Did you try a sex change on to FS board to LIPSLIDE to BS bigspin out? That's +1300 pts. Try it out! Plus some of them use weird wake to lip tricks which I can't personally master. Very Happy

The Pavement 3.6
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Eustis

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea but what are wake to lip tricks?
liquidKooka69
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit the wake, do a bunch of tricks then land on the other lip of the wake and go into grind mode. I didn't know it was possible in the game until a friend of mine did it. I was supposed to take it out but decided to leave it for fun.
matt1808
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you do the sex change and bigspin
livewirelp
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely not luck. I admit that on occasion I type something that it doesn't pick up, but thats part of the challenge: it's the timing. Think quick taps. Don't spend any time at all pressing a key, rather just give it a real fast, hard poke.
altoclef
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

I agree, it's not luck... maybe it helps that I don't usually play games, so I wasn't expecting anything in particular with the controls. you have to be very accurate--sometimes I'll mess up a little and, as I expect, the trick will fail. that's what makes the game hard.

good job liquidKooka69--for someone who doesn't usually like games, I like this one! the only problem for me is that all the words on the screen during gameplay are blurred... I can't read the time or what tricks I'm doing or how many points they are worth. I'm not sure why this would happen to me... but it doesn't affect the game itself so I'm still happy! just wanted to let you know.

my question is: exactly what time on sunday is the game over?

good luck all!!!
snowride4179
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Dayton

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering what time on Sunday does the tournament end?
liquidKooka69
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, the ideal screen resolution for the game is 800x600. But if it's still blurred sorry about that. There's so much more I wanted in the game but I had to limit due to file size issues since it's an online game.

Regarding the end of the tourny, the right person to ask would be Dave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Add To Favorites

Jump to: