FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New Incubus CD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: New Incubus CD Reply with quote

Anyone heard the new Incubus cd. Its good, more rock than morning view. Its kinda like science when that came out. But go buy it its dope.
David Legler
linear perspective

City: Durham

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i like it. but i would have to say that morning view is my all time favorite CD of theirs. but the new one is still growing on me. I really like the line in smile lines i think it is where he says "insecurities are as useless as puttin the pin back in the grenade". its great.
Michael Manzer
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lake of the ozarks, MO

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO.....incubus rule, they are def in my top three, if not the number one spot.
i love the new cd and think that ben kenney ( the replacement bassist) did a very good job of fillin in the gap.....always changin, always different.....thats why i like them so much oh yeah i preordered the cd and got a lim. edition with a dvd and the megalomania U.K. single its good

And there's no way anybody is going to see a manatee, then say calmly " Hey look, a manatee." Those are some scary lookin motherfckers.
- Nick Taylor
xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man. When there first single came out (pardon me) i started to listen to them and got hooked. Then i bought science and then morning view came out and that was a great cd and saw them twice on stage and they are dope man.
Michael Manzer
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lake of the ozarks, MO

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn man....lucky you, i still havent managed to see them in concert yet and ive known about them since their fungus amongus days ( before they ever had a dj with them). That would pretty much be my perfect concert: 311 and Incubus....i am however, going to see Coheed and Cambria in a couple of weeks. theyre the other band in my top three, so im really excited about that. AFI and Thursday are gonna play at the concert too. and its under $20!!
David Legler
linear perspective

City: Durham

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that incubus and 311 are going on concert this summer. but i am not sure if it is true.

i saw incubus in concert last year, and it was a sweet concert. so was hoobastank.

Patrick Quinn
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Incubus in concert just over a year ago, they are unreal live. Their live show is even better than some of their records, which are by far some of the most solid through and through releases of the last 5 years. Morning View is also my favourite of their albums, but I haven't really got around to giving the new stuff a chance yet, so only time will tell.
484rider
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: orlando

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incbus is my favorite band!! i have all of their CDs and i still think that "Make Yourself" is the best. Morning view was great, but alittle soft. The new one like science. Im starting to like Fungus Amungus. I saw them in concert right after Morning View came out.....WOW, how amazing are they!!!
junkee
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: May 07, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new album is alright. however nothing like science. there are aspects on that album that remind me of science. thats about it. science is their best album. there newer ones are good, but science ownz them all.

and like Michael said Incubus and 311 in concert together...about the best show youll ever see. They came to phoenix a few years back(pre-Make yourself), and it was incredible.

xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 07, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

311 is awsome i see them everytime they come around here. They got some stylee...ohma stylee
wakesk8ordie
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Fond du Lac

PostPosted: May 07, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Incubus is definitely touring this summer, with the new cd you were able to use a key code online to purchase special advance tickets for the shows. It was insane, I scored floor seats in the very closest section to the stage for only like 40 bucks a pop. I can't wait to hit the show up. Yeah I agree with Junkee, this new album is good, but it really is nothing like science, it has much more of a rock feel to it, but I do understand that the album does seem darker than other recent releases. Science is definitely my favorite album, it is by far the heaviest, and that is probably why I like it so much. I also dig the bongos that they still used a lot on that album. If you guys pick up the new album check out the song Sick Sad Little World, it is definitely a step forward for Incubus musically, they go into like a 2 minute jam in the middle of the song, gotta love it.

Chris Fink
wakesk8ordie@excite.com
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: May 07, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to two incubus concerts when they toured with hoobastank (when hoobastank was a pretty new band)

incubus isnt touring with 311 this summer. sorry guys.
incubus is touring with The Vines. im seeing them twice. august 9th and 10th i believe. i have seats for the first, and i'll be in the pit for the second...
311 is touring with The Roots and another band that i cant remember off the top of my head. im hoping to see them sometime in June, but the exact date escapes me.

SCIENCE is by far the greatest album i have ever heard. period. incubus, nor any other band, will be able to follow up that album.

wakesk8ordie, SSLW is by far my favorite song on the cd, but the jam in the middle is really nothing new for incubus, its just the first time they recorded one on their album. if you have been to any of their concerts you would have most likely heard them break into a jam in the middle of a song or two (such as vitamin).

to all that believe incubus and 311 would be a sick concert: F YEAH!!! these two bands are both AMAZING live. 311 has just so much energy and incubus was, is, and probably will one of the greatest live bands we will ever see.

on yeah, and check out www.incubusonline.com you can download all sorts of live recordings and concert vid legally through the site. gotta love incubus...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: