FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Winch engines
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Groveland

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 TNT, you gotta make one that can pull Timmy Kovacich and other guys that like Frosty's way too much. Laughing
liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 6.5 briggs with a jet kit and new exhaust, and filter, can produce 9HP easily... not hard to do either.
itallpointsWEST
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meow
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse, neverride and myself already make a winch that can pull guys that size, Pirate is the far and away the smallest dude I ride with Im 6'1" 225 my friend Chris is 6'3" 230 and Darren is 6'3" 180
xapa
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 22, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello...
I have a doubt...
the engines... when we pull the rope to start... automatically we are pulled???
Question Question
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 22, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xapa, no they have a throttle.
Jesse
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Groveland

PostPosted: Mar 22, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kento911, good to hear, I want some more info on your winch, I need to contact you. I have been let down many a time now (The frosty joke was about me). I came close though the last time I went out with Reed though. I also dig runnin the winch as much as riding, so it didn't burn too bad.
stompin9s
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vail - CO

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PIMP winch boys got it goin on...thier frames are alluminum and super light. they have some pretty creative/inovative ideas, but i dont wanna spill the beans until its ready.

and theyre waitin on a honda engine thats in the mail so that is just gonna be nuts

MTwakeRaiderz
Ollie
Ollie

City: The BORO, m10

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this forum is like a walk down memory lane... On my first winch, I had a very broken-in 6HP Briggs and a CC. Believe it or not, it would pull me deep water and I weighed almost 190 at the time. The only downside was that it was a little slow with the gearing that had to be used. When Walton and his crew rolled thru TN, they used it for a waterfall drop. Funk tweaked the governor a little bit and got it running smooth but it was still slow at the top. Very consistant speed tho. I was in ATL at the time but I heard it didn't have the juice for Tim Kovacich. Lately, I've been completely submerged in a new winch I'm working on. My goal was light and strong. The frame is all aluminum and I went with a 6.5 HP Honda Clone with 12T CVT and 68T sprocket. Horrible Combo. After three more gear ratios, still wouldn't pull my heavy ass on plain. I even followed some advice from KNOX and put a Stage One Kit hoping to boost the HP. I think the mainjet was too large and the mix wasn't right but I wasn't even close to getting the 6000 RPM's that the karters talk about. Finally, I said F it and upgraded the engine. My bro told me about the Subaru's on sale at Harbor Frieght. Just got my 9HP for $347 out the door with a 15 mo. no questions replacement warranty. I think the sale is going on thru July 16th, 2007. I am really glad to hear the positive feedback from people so far. This will be my powerful winch. I'll always have old reliable for the consistant rail jam pulls. As soon as I get settled on my setup, I will post some pics. I am really happy with things so far - it's just been one thing after another. A project that started with 100% free material for the frame has turned into a money pit from hell. I should have ran at the first sign of trouble when the TIG welding cost $300 and it wasn't even complete... I would definitely agree that Briggs makes a hell of a strong engine for the money. I think it also helps when engines are nice and worn in... If anyone is interested in buying my 6.5HP engine, PM me! We can work out a deal. It has less than 60 minutes of run time and I think it just needs someone who knows how to tweak it out. The Stage One Kit alone was $80 and I know it is capable of revvin high RPMs but I don't have the time or knowledge to fine tune it and I'm also just a heavy dude. If your about 165lbs, this engine is a dream. Run the TAV2 12T w/ a 60T which I can also throw in to the deal.
I just said a lot. I'm going to bed...

[couldn't agree more - Wakeskating & Motocross]
eriknordin
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: 194, Sweden

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swedish winch has a 5.5 hp engine with torque converter. the gear ratio is a little bit of so i won't do deep water starts but..... soon

shizzle.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  98.23 KB
 Viewed:  8336 Time(s)

MTwakeRaiderz
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few of you guys over in europe using those wet clutches. I looked all over the internet for them and had trouble finding info about them let alone a place to purchase one.
T-slice
Ollie
Ollie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the 6.5 hp briggs and stratton with a torque converter and it works fine. I'm around 150 lbs. and it can do deep water starts easy Cool
JeffKnox
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Jacksonville/Gainesville

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTwakeRaiderz, sorry my advice didnt help... but i will say this... ive had some trouble with my knock offs but none with my suburu 7 horse and that thing has gone thru hell and back... and i also extremely agree about the broken in engine.. once a engine is broken in it pulls 5 times better
MTwakeRaiderz
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries. it definitely did help. just couldn't make it pull enough horsies. I think i'm just gonna run a couple tanks of gas through it to break it in better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: