FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

I gotta say I love it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: I gotta say I love it... Reply with quote

Well guys I got my new 2004 Hyperlite Scape 112 today, and I love wakeskating! I had never even tried before but wanted to hella bad so I bough one with my only hundred bucks I had. I took it to the lake when my parents took me and my friend out after a boring day of high school. And it took me like 4-5 tries to get up, my problem was I wasn't lettin the boat drag me. So I would lose by balance but I was practically up, so once I let it drag me I was riding away. Its a fun feeling bein on the skate, and its way more of a challenge. I was doing pretty good, I ride it goofy foot. I was going over the wake and cuttin out pretty hard, didn't try to jump it yet, thats this weekend. But all in all it is an awesome thing and all the just boarders that say its gay or whatever are stupid, wakeskating is so fun, its almost like being on a board but harder, a lot harder.

seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet bro good to hear it Very Happy
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait to go ride again now though, Im kinda nervous about one thing though. I ride behind a SAN. Should I move my rope length out more to reduce wake size? I dont ride very fast, but I want to jump hella bad and I know you dont want/need a huge wake and well I have one! Its awesome for the board but I dont want it for the skate, espescially just learnin. But I'll hit it up either way.

wakesk8r9610
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeskating=fun
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be afraid to shorten the rope to 60 or 65 while you're getting a hang of w2w.
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: all over the place, soon to be missoula montana

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome to hear! You don't want to lengthen your line, the shorter the better while you're starting out cause its less distance to clear the wake, start out with small one wake jumps and work your way up to W2W. It will be a lot less intimidating and you'll learn that much quicker. Also when your starting out try cutting in just out by the white wash that way you cut all the way through the wake rather than taking a big cut and flattening out at the wake. Also remember to suck your knees up into your chest so that the board stays with you, don't push off the wake cause the board will go down and you'll go up. Good luck and have fun!! Very Happy

www.doucarve.com
http://bessmarinephotography.my-expressions.com
http://bessmarinephotography.blogspot.com
www.wakeworld.com
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volcom_wakeboarder, did you try getting rid of all of the stock ballast? that might help a little. also shortening the rope like el said will bring the wakes closer together.
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok scott you know more about my boat than me! what exactly do you mean by stock ballast, the tanks? And if there is something else that is used for ballast purposes my dad and mom won't want it out cuz he wont want the boat messed up, even though it won't mess it up the thing is there baby, besides my 5 1/2 year old brother. But espescially for wakeskating they wont want the boat messed with, my dad hates it. he hates to turn around so he calls it a waste of money, but I know he has fun watchin me learn and tryin to get good on sumthin new. and he likes watchin gnarly falls.

ollieshuvitz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: east bay area

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think scott a means to ride without filling the ballast tanks in your SAN. I would say to try riding somewhere around 65-70'' and 20-21 mph when your learning w2w. Experimenting with the weight, rope length, and speed is best, as everyone has their own preference.
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I was ridin with my tanks full but I wasn't jumpin just usin it it to surf in and out of to get a feel for the skate but if thats what scott a, means then no I didnt pump em out. But it was only my first day ridin so like I said I was still gettin a feel for it and then I hit it up on the board after that so I didn't ride it again.

RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your dad hates turning around then your gonna have a problem on your hands. expect to fall alot on a wakeskate Very Happy , it's just a part of wakeskating
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya thats what I told him, he tried to pursuade me not to buy it, but well I did. So now he can't really do anything but he's startin to like it more I've noticed since I got one. I can't wait til Saturday we're goin to the lake all day. Beachin on the shore and riding, its gonna be awesome, a whole day of skating and boarding!

RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, where at?
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogan

logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know not as good as some of the bigger lakes but its only like 15 minutes from my house so you can't beat it.

RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bigger lakes are only real good for partying and camping. The delta is where it's at Very Happy
logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya it is, but thats about 30-45 minutes and we would only go there on a tuesday for Taco Tuesdays

logan
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've been on some weekends but Hogan just so close and we know the good spots, but small lake a lot of people know the good spots now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: