FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Who on here is Christian?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffKnox
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Jacksonville/Gainesville

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidstunts, sorry man i didnt mean to throw you out like that... in no way was i trying to dis you... you know i wouldnt do that purposely....

why is underage drinking a sin? i understand the gettin drunk part but the drinking age is a social law... where does it say you cant drink until your 21 or claim it as a sin? not trying to argue with you i just didnt think it said that in any of jesus' many teachings.... i may be wrong and probably am... but im just wondering Birthday

btw i still dont think im doing anything wrong by drinking ... i do it safely and wouldnt do anything different if i was a year older... and i really dont appreciate delta disrespecting all my oppinions (thats all they are) just because of one of my actions.... not cool Neutral

bob.
America

City: Lake Pickett, Orlando/The Keys

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slapdown wrote:
Hahahaha i'm going to apologize in advance...

i'm sorry Laughing

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=688733113

Laughing Rolling Eyes

sorry if this offends anyone but that lady needs to get punched in the face, she needs to go swallow a knife now.(i am christian btw i think she just has problems especially disrespecting our troops like that, its fvcked up.)
liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffKnox, it's cool man, i'm not bothered by that. i'm plenty happy to be exposed as who i am. i got nothin but love for ya brah!!

and as far as underage drinkin.... it's not that the bible specifies any certain age.... BUT the issue is that we are to OBEY the laws of the law makers, or those people set in position of authority over us. (parents, police, teachers, government, bosses...etc)
so basically any disobedience of the laws or rules of the authorities above us is a sin... like speeding, cheating on tests, underage drinking, not wearing life jackets while skating, winching in places that we've already been kicked out of, murder, theft.... etc.

and in God's eyes not one of these sins is worse than another.... (even though social and civil law says they carry different penalties), but according to the bible "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (romans 3:23).

we are all dead in our sin. it's unavoidable,"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift from God is eternal life thru christ Jesus" (romans 6:23) but we have been offered FREE abundant life in christ jesus, we've only got to accept the gift Very Happy

Last edited by liquidstunts on Jun 24, 2007 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby211, i haven't watched the video yet, but i probably feel the same way you do....

and i'm military, i HATE it when people talk mess about my friends and shipmates that are out fighting for us.

dumb people, they get fiercely passionate about some really ignorant stuff.
bob.
America

City: Lake Pickett, Orlando/The Keys

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidstunts,watch it, she is an idiot .
liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to, but i broke my computer Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and i'm on my dad's and can't seem to figure out how to turn on volume Rolling Eyes
kyle13
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Seminole Heights

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidstunts, very good job explaining the underage drinking thing, you make me proud. I love it when you back it up with the verses. There are a lot of different veiws on drinking even with my christain friends.

Personally I chose not to drink when I am of age for a few reasons. Not because I think drinking alcohol (of age) is a sin, because in moderation I don't believe it is.

Paul said, just because something is permissable dosen't mean that it is beneficial. Because of leadership roles in the church and the reputation for being a christian I have to be careful that my actions are respectful and I set a good example. If someone saw me buying a 6 pack at the grocery store they may think twice about letting there kid come to Bible Study the next week, even though they didn't know my intentions. Also, having alcohol around leaves the it open for the possibility/temptation of drinking a little too much and saying or doing so things I normally wouldnt do. I think people have to work out things like that between themselves and God, situations where just because you are allowed to do something it's not necessarily a great idea.
liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle13, thanks mate. i used to not drink at all... now i just don't drink in the county where i live or work (at my church).

what do you do at your church? you mentioned sunday school?

kyle13 wrote:
I think people have to work out things like that between themselves and God, situations where just because you are allowed to do something it's not necessarily a great idea.

it took me a year of constant questioning my motivation for not drinkin, and battling internally with myself over the decision do i allow myself to drink or not.... I finally came to the decision that i CAN drink, because i am free to do so, to enjoy a beer with some close godly friends of mine...

i drink beer on a regular basis, prob 3-4 days a week, rarely more than 1-2 a day.

but from time to time i find my self having drank too much Embarassed and it's painfully obvious to me at those times that i can look around and see that i'm concurrently feeling spiritually drained, and lacking in my quiet times, "jesus time"

if you don't mind pray for me, i've been in one of those slumps for the past 3 weeks... (school finally let out so youth group is slowing down for summer and i've just been burnt out from this past year) and i've been letting my spiritual walk suffer from my desire to slow down.....

if you read my posts over the last 3 weeks i can see a huge change in my thought pattern..... very upsetting, and yet humbling to see where my head is sometimes... Crying or Very sad

i hate it when i get like this cause as a "youth pastor" i am constantly under the spot light of parents.... and I, like many, struggle with wanting to have an "air of perfection" around me, not showing my sin to the world.... even though that would literally be the best thing that could happen to me. Rolling Eyes
kyle13
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slapdown wrote:
Hahahaha i'm going to apologize in advance...

i'm sorry Laughing

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=688733113

Laughing Rolling Eyes

Nuts like this give christianity a bad name it really just makes me sick.
The fact that christains could be associtated with a wacko like that is very disturbing.
kyle13
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidstunts, My girlfriend and I are the leaders of the childrens ministry at my church. We actually were just recentely offically recognized as the permanent leaders and as part of the pastoral staff, so I'm super stoked about that. We basically are in charge of kids ages 6-12 sunday mornings for the childrens service. Although we are in a small chruch and normally only have 25-30 kids that regualerly attend, I have felt the strain of leadership enormously lately, so I understand what you mean.

First of all I don't look down on your decision to drink at all. One of my best friends that loves the Lord with all his heart drinks regualerly. I got into drinking a little bit in my" wild" years of highschool and it really hurt my reputation so my decision is basically just personal. This is not to say that when I get older I won't enjoy a glass or wine occasionaly or something to that extent.

I know what you mean when you say you feel like your lacking jesus time. I find myself in the same position a ton. I actually been feeling spiritually drained a little bit this summer too. Small changes like sleeping in til like noon and just being lazy have deffinetly had an effect on my spiritual walk lately. You will definitly be in my prayers and please keep me in your own prayers for the same reason.

It gets extremely stressful being under the microscope at all times and you probably have it twice and worse as I do since you are a youth pastor. Just remeber that the emeny will seek to try to make things more difficult for the people that are actually making a difference, and as a youth pastor your probably under fire a offten.

I have smoked cigars a few times and about a month ago a punk teenager found out and adding that to reputation of one of my little brothers assumed that I smoked weed. He started some rumors that got around some people at chruch and even though it was rediculous accusation (since neither me or brother ever has)it was pretty hurtful in the end. Fortunatly it got cleared up pretty fast but was still a rough time. Tonight my youth pastors wife actually was talking to me and prety much summed it up. She told me to be extremely careful because the kids are always watching. Just the way you handle certain situation can make a huge difference in kids lives.

It's awesome that you are a youth pastor. How long have you been a youth pastor? What kind of church do you go to?
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Denver

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle13, this is the skater formerly known as liquidstunts Laughing

i've actually not been thru seminary yet... Embarassed i just got tossed into this position by default, as the church is taking waaaaay to long searching for a permanent youth pastor, but i've been doin it for about 2 years now (high school) and i did 1 year with junior high

currently at a presbyterian church, Neutral looking to get back to a non denominational church when i get to Jax.

gotta run, i'll be on tomorrow Cool

g'night all

Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t-Rex, why the changed name?

i thought liquidstunts was funny Rolling Eyes

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deltarider wrote:
che blanc wrote:
Am I not a Son of God?

Sure you are a son of God. But you are not, by any means, The Son of God. If you understand what I am saying.

No. Explain.

And when Jesus did and said things in his ministry that went against what the religious leaders and the Pharisees had said and decreed, was that not "Sin"?

Just an idea...

Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t-Rex, Thats awesome

che blanc, If you belive that Jesus is God (as I do), than he makes the rules, so no, he could not sin. If do don't, than you might have a valid point. Even so however we are supposed to obey the authorities above us UNLESS it goes directly against the Bible or what God says. The pharisees were taking scriptural principles and often twisting them and changing them. And to put it shortly Jesus set them straight. It's definitly an idea worth mentioning and made me think a bit. I wish I had time to "attempt" to explain better but I'm headed off to camp kuloqua (sp?) for a week of fun as a camp counselor and I'm exhausted. I honestly need to do a little bit of review of exactly what the pharisees were teaching.
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle13, i'll continue

che blanc, the pharisees had put laws and "rules" and "policies", in place that were keeping the people bound by the law. christ came so that we may be set free, free from the laws of man. THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE ABOVE THE LAW but simply that we, when living in christ, are living free, not bound by the law, (remember the laws only prevent us from doing things that we ought not be doing anyway)

i don't have time to reference scripture right now, but the pharisees had problems with christ's teachings cause his teaching called them out as being wrong.

the pharisees would make a big deal of "cleaning their hands and feet" and christ said why worry about if the outside is clean, first focus on cleaning the inside. (or something similar to that) Rolling Eyes and they got mad cause they realized that he was saying it doesn't matter how extravagant your public prayers are, but he was interested in the spiritual condition of your heart and soul.... not how "spiritual" you could sound with your mouth.

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorious. Christ owns. The greatest man to have ever lived.

I pretty much got the answer I knew was coming, I was just giving you guys something to think about Wink

Deltarider, if you could elaborate, I'd appurciate it.

Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

che blanc, i know you know all that we are telling you. Wink and i appreciate you throwin the questions out there. it's good to see these guys take pride in their faith, especially when it comes under fire.

i'll let delta take that, cause you asked for him, but i can help there too. Smile

JeffKnox
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Jacksonville/Gainesville

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

che blanc wrote:
Glorious. Christ owns. The greatest man to have ever lived.

this is exactly what i think when i think of jesus... emphasis on man

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffKnox, Believes you that we are just organic machines that simply die after 80 or so years?

I believe Jesus was the most spiritually advanced soul to ever walk the earth. I haven't read enough about Siddhartha though Wink

Last edited by nick on Jun 25, 2007 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffKnox, Laughing

he was a man, fully man.............

.... and fully God. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23

Add To Favorites

Jump to: