FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

who likes nirvana

View previous topic :: View next topic  
azrider
Ollie
Ollie

City: phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: who likes nirvana Reply with quote

any of you like nirvana i think they were one of the best bands ever
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Suburbia Arizona

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they suck and are the most overrated band in history next to The Doors.

PS..you spelled Phoenix wrong. Crazy Eyes
Brian Hogan
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nirvana and the doors are underrated gimme a break. Nirvana showed that simplicity can provide for good listening and the doors are in the top ten for being the most talented indivdually and using that talent to produce a killer sound. What do you listen to Nelly?
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Hogan wrote:
nirvana and the doors are underrated gimme a break. Nirvana showed that simplicity can provide for good listening and the doors are in the top ten for being the most talented indivdually and using that talent to produce a killer sound. What do you listen to Nelly?

I do not listen to rap. Nirvana won the lottery. Right place at the right time. You could have inserted any band in their place at that time and they would have been just as big and regarded as the saviors of rock. Morphine, Sonic Youth or any other so called "alternative band" would have played the same role as Nirvana did in the music industry. If Kurt wouldn't have eaten a shotgun they would be playing clubs to a few hundred people these days. Im glad they are gone now cause I love the Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is 10x the songwriter Cobain was.

The Doors were just a bunch doped up hippies who got lucky with a decent keyboard player and a singer/poet who got the girls all creamy.

IMO Cheap Trick is the most underrated band in rock music.
shawna
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurt cobain in april will be dead now for 10 years get over it..but yea nirvana is awesome weed music i wouldnt say they were the best band ever tho...its all about old school..led zep and pink floyd Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawna wrote:
kurt cobain in april will be dead now for 10 years get over it..but yea nirvana is awesome weed music i wouldnt say they were the best band ever tho...its all about old school..led zep and pink floyd Cool

awesome weed music? Rolling Eyes Lemme guess...your in the 14-16 age bracket?
stussy
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha weed music... good god. I guess it is good burnout jams but they do suck. Honestly they had no talent and their lyrics have about the complexity of my right ass cheek. Kurt even admitted it that they got lucky and said it could have been anyone else. He actually even said that it was all timing, and that The Pixies or Jane's Addiction could have gone big, which by the way, The Pixies were one of Nirvana's influences. Plus if Kurt didnt have those rugged looks the way the ladies like it and he hadnt killed himself then about 70% of their audience would be lost which consists of girls dreaming about getting in his dead ass pants and feeling sorry for him because he committed suicide. Its all so true, but I do give them credit for coming up with music that is catchy and appealing to audiences and give credit to Kurt's mom and dad for producing a baby with looks that appeal to girls. Other than that, suck an egg nirvana.
*says nirvana the mispronounced way and gets all their fans mad at me*

shawna
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...andoutcomethewolves wrote:
shawna wrote:

awesome weed music? Rolling Eyes Lemme guess...your in the 14-16 age bracket?

and your point is? Idea Are you over 30 and the enemy? Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shawna
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me guess.....your hXc sXe. Smash
azrider
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont get me wrong led zep and those bands are some of my favorites but kurt cobains music was genius maybe his lyrics wernt all that out standing but he came up with some of the most incredible riffs ever He was murdered. I believe but everyone is entitaled to there own opinon.
Brian Hogan
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Doors were just a bunch doped up hippies who got lucky with a decent keyboard player and a singer/poet who got the girls all creamy.

Decent keyboard player and poet eh? Have your ever heard Robbie Kriegar's solo's he is much better then your Hendrix or Page or Gilmour IMO although those guys rocked too. Kriegar finger picked some of the best solos of all time. But in any event whatever kinda music pumps ya up so be it. I am a Canadian pothead who likes to groove to the old stuff.
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Hogan wrote:
Quote:

Decent keyboard player and poet eh? Have your ever heard Robbie Kriegar's solo's he is much better then your Hendrix or Page or Gilmour IMO although those guys rocked too. Kriegar finger picked some of the best solos of all time. But in any event whatever kinda music pumps ya up so be it. I am a Canadian pothead who likes to groove to the old stuff.

Your a pothead? nooooo. Laughing just kidding. I don't think Krieger is a good guitar player. All those guys you listed schmoke..but Gary Rossington is better than all of em. Shocked
minus_gravity
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Dalton

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arguing over which band is better is like arguing over who's "unit" is bigger than who's.....its all personally biased. I'm a Nirvana fan so I'm with azrider but not everyone is and thats good cause if everyone loved the same bands then there would be an un-godly number of Nirvana sound alike bands.
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minus_gravity wrote:
and thats good cause if everyone loved the same bands then there would be an un-godly number of Nirvana sound alike bands.

hence The Vines Laughing
hpdvs
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Led Zeppelin
wakeriderof87
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: cen fla

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirvana is great, thats all there is to it. I was listening to a interview with Courtney Love today and she said that his ashes are in a vault somehwere cuz no funeral home will bury him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: