FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Volume 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario c.

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still need to see v1. how was that?

there is alot of that random skulls and greusome filler footag, but i like how it flows. jeremy northup is an amazing editor imo.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volume 1 was sick, for sure. Drew mcguckin had an insane section and most definitely earned the opening section (a section that got him nominated for a wbm award for "best video section"), there was a nice thomas horrell interview in there with some great footage, I loved what little aaron reed had in there, and george daniels put together a nice closer section (huge w2w kf, among other georgie-esque tricks). And overall, this video showcased the most riders out of any volume video. It's worth a check out, for sure. and through watching it, you can see how the video quality and format have both evolved. number two was a huge step up, quality wise (IMO). and video three was even more cut down...very few commercials, if any, no trick tips...basically just riding with their tolken video effects (which I kind of like).

But yeah, joey (I think that's his name)northrup is doing a great job with that thing. they all are...they're refining their style, for sure.

If you want to borrow my copy to see if you like it, you should PM me your address.

mario c.

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, joey northup, my bad.
yeah, i want to see the mcguckin part for sure.
i have a littlr extras cash right now, so i'm gonna go find it.
Wink Twisted Evil
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just watched awseome vid but i think i liked in its travels more bc it was a lot longer
robert
Ollie
Ollie

City: Heumen, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Volume magazine's are just a must have. Period.

But I have to say that volume 3 could be better.
The trip to mexico is very well edited and shot but Brain Grubb's section and George Daniels Day of are done 'too quick'. The riding maybe great but the overall picture/feel is poor if you ask me. The trip to mexico has a very professional feel but the other sections are looking just like 'homemade' dv-clips. It doesn't trigger you to watch it over and over again.

I also think that all the sections (pro-spotlight, the day off etc.) are too much the same. It's al just riding. In the day off i would like to see more lifestyle footage, where do they live (MTV cribs), what boat do they have and how much sponsored gear do they have etc. Now there is almost no difference between the sections.
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robert wrote:
All the Volume magazine's are just a must have. Period.

But I have to say that volume 3 could be better.
The trip to mexico is very well edited and shot but Brain Grubb's section and George Daniels Day of are done 'too quick'. The riding maybe great but the overall picture/feel is poor if you ask me. The trip to mexico has a very professional feel but the other sections are looking just like 'homemade' dv-clips. It doesn't trigger you to watch it over and over again.

I also think that all the sections (pro-spotlight, the day off etc.) are too much the same. It's al just riding. In the day off i would like to see more lifestyle footage, where do they live (MTV cribs), what boat do they have and how much sponsored gear do they have etc. Now there is almost no difference between the sections.
word.

volume two is my favorite.

and i agree about the pro-spotlight and the day in the life of sections. it would be cool if the day in the life was more of a mix than just riding, even though i love the riding
-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volume two is easily the best... I think they need to do some more time shooting video then editing in volume 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: