FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

flying tubes outlawed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Chalmette

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfpunk, Fa real, since the pipes/bongs/wraps are taxable and good for the economy knowing that 95%+ are being used for weed, why don't they just legalize weed? Imagine the benefits: 1)Better/cleaner weed 2)Goods tax from it 3)No longer a gateway drug (If you buy from a store rather than a dealer you're less likely to be around a drug scene) 4)No more poorly rolled joints/blunts Laughing (Rolling is a rare commodity around here for some reason). I could go on for days but I'm tired and going to sleep, peace.
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mainly i was just trying to show how companies hide behind little technicalities.
surfpunk
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jboss, because it would be very hard to tax, and its one of those things that you cant really go back on now and say "oh hey, weeds legal now." besides, it basically IS legal. you get it taken away and a slap on your wrist, unless you have i beleive an ounce or more (intent to sell) then youre in trouble. other than that though its not much punishment at all.

in mexico they actually legalized possesion of small quantities of all drugs, including drugs like opium, heroin, crack, lsd, EVERYTHING. the thought behind this is that they are letting the addicts go, the ones who only have small quantities and are only hurting themselves and instead going for the big fish who sell it and have large quantities. this would help keep petty criminals out of jails which means less wasted tax dollars and not so crowded prisons. personally i think that its a good idea on paper, but so was communism and we all know how that worked out. besides, the leaning tower of pisa is less crooked than the federales.

Mr. Top Hat, i understand what youre saying. its a way to protect themselves from the idiots out there. infact, i have people sign releases of liability for trucks that i build them to protect myself. not because my work is unsafe, but because people are idiots and dont understand that you have to maintain your shizzle. but that difference is that this kite tube has unrealistic guidelines. its meant to fly, they advertise it to fly, but you cant get it to fly unless you go over thier guideline speed and when you get it to fly, like they say it will, you can get seriously injured or killed.
xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your tubing you should die anyway Laughing
ripava82

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xboard32x, i agree Laughing
daniel
Back Big

City: Duncan

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfpunk, you dont just get a slap on the wrist here in texas...they are real strict on it.
bjr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just had about a 5 min. show on The Early Show, on CBS about WEGO Sportstuff Recalling them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: