FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

erich schmaltz quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: erich schmaltz quote Reply with quote

I found this quote on Lemon's myspace page a while ago and liked it so I thought I would share for people who have not seen it.
"We that ride are self expressionists and visual communicators who have been raised in a world in which the techniques and apparatus we use and investigate with are spawned and evolved from a subculture of misfits and social outcasts. These pioneers felt the need to break away and blaze other trails. From suburban sprawls, subway halls, train yards, far islands, green rooms, cement jungles, and our own garages. Talented, idealists, artists, and athletes, for the love of inner solace that comes from these black arts. Exchanged by the progression of the self thru often times painful trial and error. Courage and Achievements set the bar for self/others to conquer and raise to the next, to push on and against -- end on end, level over level. These bloody roots are fueled and pushed on by skinned knees, broken bones and dreams... -Erich Schmaltz"
senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the whole quote from this site....

link: http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4172&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&start=48
Schmaltz wrote:
Since everyone is getting so deep over here ...
I'll add my 2 cents ...

We that ride are self expressionists and visual communicators who have been raised in a world in which the techniques and apparatus we use and investigate with are spawned and evolved from a subculture of misfits and social outcasts (surf, skate, music, art). These pioneers felt the need to break away and blaze other trails. From suburban sprawls, subway halls, train yards, far islands, green rooms, cement jungles, and our own garages. Talented, idealists, artists, and athletes, for the love of inner solace that comes from these black arts. Exchanged by the progression of the self thru often times painful trial and error. Courage and Achievements set the bar for self/others to conquer and raise to the next, to push on and against -- end on end, level over level. These bloody roots are fueled and pushed on by skinned knees, broken bones, and dreams. The drive within our hearts brought out of adolescent angst transforming and freeing us on to adults... giving us eyes to view and draw lines few venture or will ever see. This lifestyle binds friends and foe alike, with our own languages, spoken world wide. The process the journey emancipates and propitiate us in our rites of spring.

Some of us here on Wakeskating.com are purist in intention and strive for the roots and foundations only because we understand what the impetus handed us, from the beginning to the core held fast within our heart of hearts.

There are pursuits more worthy of such dissidence and unrest, but these are our own boundaries and fronts to explore and realize. Many cultural interventions, social marketing campaigns, books, magazines, exhibitions, educational tools, television programs, films all tools to prove our points and in turn now work against all that it originally stood for and against. We are a new demographic -- a statistical chart hung on corporate walls -- just a number, numbered and checked.

I propose a reversal... a new priority in favor of a more useful, lasting and democratic form of communication -- a mind shift away from product marketing and toward the exploration of self and production of a new kind of meaning one that can't be bought or sold. The scope of debate is bounding and grayed... most will scoff at I say out of fear of themselves, shrinking and conforming; we must expand and free. Consumerism is running uncontested; it must be challenged by other perspectives expressed, in part through the visual languages and resources of design and conquer, adapt and destroy, lets bring back that which it originally once stood for. The cultural decline of our sports is self mockery, and is now becoming a crock pot or marketing soup which cares only for the fisters who want to spoon your cash. I say move beyond this -- push past, pick up and step back... look at our history and respect our founders’ intentions. The original attitude and drive would be spitting in the face of these fat cats. Let’s repair the foundation our forefathers made... adopt a DIY (do it yourself) attitude and know your own spirit’s reward. Bring on your own steez... follow your own dreams, or just assimilate and drive the global market bringing our Art form down with it. This is not some Punk movement, or an Anarchist's soap box, or even a marketing ploy... I ask only to search within... draw your own lines and set your own place.

Freedom... Progression... Self Awareness... Unbreakable Spirit. Here or there -- question everything everywhere, especially the inane ramblings this manifesto brings. If you find nothing here, find it elsewhere but never stop looking and never give up. This is about life.

lake weir ocala FL
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deep...and tru
wakeboarding is to wakeskating is like sex with a condom... it just feels better when you dont wrap up!!!
scottyb
new rank under construction

City: Jupiter

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if we didnt understand alot of that?
mike.h
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: San Diego County

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does wakeskating have to be so complicated?!?
Ollie
Ollie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repect.
Josh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Melbourne, OZ

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyB wrote:
and if we didnt understand alot of that?

Then thats VERY unfortunate.

Integrity
SideSwipe Productions
Wake Euphoria
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erich's an amazing writer. I remember when I first read that and I was just like, "wow. And quite frankly, I like his use of alliteration and rhyme. It's like poetry...
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW That was an amazing brief or whatever youd like to call it.....................props to schmaltz on that one. Cool Birthday

mike.h, i know

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
tomvanwake
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude what kinda shrooms did you eat. this is awesome. i am completely on that level tonight too. 8 caps.
gorath112
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Grand Rapids

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a quote i live by and came up with myself: "if you set the bar low all you can do is soar" pretty funny but true
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorath112, i like that quote alot, really i do. Birthday Idea

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: